“Magnificent Mountain View”

Mountain View Horse Riding Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just outside Doolin village on the outskirts of the Burren. Enjoy fantastic views of the magestic Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, Connemara Mountains and Galway Bay on horseback. Gallop along the beach on Ireland's west coast. Caters for everyone from beginner to advanced rider offering treks from 1 to 6 hours long.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Many a riding stable around Ireland take your money but do not make you feel welcome or part of their little community - nothing could be further than my experience at Mountain View. Not only is this a reasonably priced ride-out, the people are just so friendly, so open and so willing to share their love of horses. A huge thumbs up from me.

1  Thank LucyCCronin

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was able to ride for three days while in Doolin at Mountain View Riding Centre. Peter was great to accommodate me each day as he does for so many. I was really impressed with the quality of horses, the love and care of the horses by the owners and guides, and the quality of my experience riding these wonderful horses through the most wonderful countryside I've ever seen. Peter did an excellent job of matching horses to rider ability and made our experience enjoyable whatever our riding ability. These are well trained, well mannered horses with great attitudes, personalities and gaits. They seem to really love what they do and look forward to the outings with their riders. I rode with Peter two days and Lauren one day. Each ride, I learned more and more about the history of the area, the flora and fauna and the local customs. Peter and Lauren had an infectious enthusiasm and made sure that we were all enjoying our ride and were well attended to. I recommend this riding centre to anyone looking for a safe, fun way to explore this magical land. Just look at my huge smile! I look forward to going back again. Many Thanks!

1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I recently visited Co. Clare to discover the beauty of the coastal villages, The Burren and the fantastic people. We always try to go riding wherever we vacation. I have ridden as a young man, my wife is definitely a novice. We found Moutainview Trekking on the web and proceeded tp the lovely village of Lisdoonvarna. The owner, Peter, was responsive to our emails and his directions were spot on, we had no difficulty finding the stables. He and Lauren, our accompanying guide, were great! They were helpful, considerate and made us feel right at home. Our horses were selected based upon our abilities. They were obviously well cared for animals. I rode Guiness, a fine looking Irish Cob. Our trek lasted 2 hours through the countryside, as he had described to me during the email. The distant views of the Cliffs and surrounding countryside were fabulous. Peter and his team helped make our vacation so much more memorable. I recommend them highly.

1  Thank David A
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Gypsy Vanner horses at Mountain View Horse Riding Centre are well trained, mannerly and so much fun to ride. I was given the ride on Max who gave me fabulous up-hill canters through the rolling hills around the stable. Great views of famine cottages and working landscapes only add to the experience. Peter is a great guy who obviously loves what he does for a living. I highly recommend him and his beautiful horses.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I really don't know where to start when reviewing our fantastic, amazing, wonderful riding experiences with Peter and Loren this week at Mountain View. My young daughter and I have been out on numerous trail and beach rides over the last 7 days which have consistently delivered above and beyond any of our expectations! Professional, caring, responsible, informative, fun interactions with humans and horses alike! Wonderful Irish scenery viewed from the back of clearly very well cared for and trained horses has proven to be a very uplifting experience. We've seen it all...the Cliffs of Mohor, the Burren, Fanore Beach, forest trails, mountain paths and tracks...it truly has been an outstanding week! Thank you Peter, Loren and your team of beautiful horses...we will most certainly return!

1  Thank Simon H