“In a word.....FABULOUS !!”

Sheedy's Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lisdoonvarna
Reviewed 30 June 2012

First of all shame on me for not writing my review sooner. My husband and I stayed at this hotel in May for 2 nights and were not disappointed. I have to rate this hotel as excellent based on the the following: Room was spacious, well appointed, bed comfortable, bathroom large, service amazing ! Negatives......old style t.v.............but who cares? I didn't travel all the way to Ireland to watch television. And the shower stall seemed small, but really not that big of a deal.There was a large bath tub if I wanted to take advantage of it.
Our stay at Sheedy's was towards the end of a 13 day trip to Ireland, where around day 9, unfortunately, I had caught a terrible cold. Martina, the hostess at Sheedy's, asked how I was feeling, and recommended I drink some hot Irish whiskey. She had it sent up to my room in not time at all !! Quite impressive, not only that it was sent up so fast, but that she even remembered that I was ill. Surely she has lots of other things to think about.

Martina and John truly care about their guests. I felt their concern was sincere in every way. I hope they are very proud of the establishment they run. I doubt that I will ever return to Lisdoonvarna, but if I were to I would definitely stay again.

Enjoy !

2  Thank nylori

Reviewed 14 June 2012

The Sheedys Country House is a terrific place to stay if you want to explore Clare. It is 10 minutes from the Cliffs of Moher and a ferry to the Aran islands and right next to the Burren. The House is run by the fourth generation of Sheedys. Martina S. is a great hostess seeing to your every need. John S. is the very talented chef of the excellent food that is available at their charming restaurant on a nightly basis.

2  Thank retiree72
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed here recently with my family for a night. I couldn't have been happier. We got a warm welcome from Martina, the owner who looked after us for the duration. The meal was second to none, with good attentive service from Martina and the waiters, and top class food, all sourced locally. Looking for an excuse to go back soon!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank John B
BurrenLady, Owner at Sheedy's Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

John and I are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Sheedys. We look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future. Martina

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Came on a bike tour-surroundings and service couldn't be better. Owners are wonderful hosts. The food is
fabulous! Thx to Martina and John!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Wonderful place to stay (lovely spacious room), warm welcome, amazing food all locally sourced. This was our experience of Sheedy's. Our evening meal was a delight and the portions so generous! Sunday morning's breakfast set us up for the day. Keep up the good work, will be recommending it to friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank margaret f
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Warm welcome; personal service and excellent food. On arrival and feeling rather travel-weary, we were offered a complimentary tray of fresh tea (made with tealeaves not teabags!) and the most delicious lemon cake, delivered to our lovely room on the ground floor which had a huge comfortable bed. We had an excellent dinner in the restaurant and only regretted having had lunch earlier in the day! The bar, small and cozy, had two of our favourite whiskeys - there are very few hotels that stock both "Red Breast" and "Green Spot" - shows great taste on the part of Martina and John. We will be recommending this hotel and restaurant to our friends and look forward to a return visit . . . for more than one night.
Beatrice & Clyde.

1  Thank Beatrice R
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I can only add to the excellent reviews already written. Martina is a wonderful hostess and makes you feel like one of the family. Our room was huge with a king bed, sitting area and luxurious bathroom. The best part of the stay is the breakfast....many hot items to choose from including the traditional full Irish. We all started with hot porridge...I had heavy cream and brown sugar (as opposed to my usual skim milk and splenda) that filled me up and warmed my heart! (One member of our group chose a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream instead of the cream and sugar.) Martina's husband John is the gourmet chef and uses only local ingredients. We did have dinner one night at the hotel bar and can highly recommend the fish and chips. Our only complaint about this hotel is that we would have loved to stay longer and would love to come back in the summer when Martina's garden is in full bloom.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
BurrenLady, Owner at Sheedy's Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2012

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Sheedys. Many thanks for taking the time to write the review. The garden is coming along but I think I will not have sweet peas this year. March was fine and tricked me! I shall post some pictures of the garden soon on Twitter. I hope to welcome you back some day

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisdoonvarna
Hotel Doolin
#2 of 7 in Lisdoonvarna
Vaughan Lodge
Vaughan Lodge
#1 of 5 in Lahinch

Been to Sheedy's Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!