“Great Mementos of Ireland”

Doreen Drennan Art Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Art Gallery where visitors can view and purchase original paintings of the West of Ireland in a relaxed setting in scenic surroundings of a feature garden. Shipping available.Open most of the year but advisable to telephone in advance.Directions ,from Lisdoonvarna town centre take the N67 towards Doolin, at first T junction turn right on to R477, at Y junction immediately after turn right staying on R477, continue to first crossroads turn left onto R5064 where there is an Art Studio sign, its the 3rd. property on the right , full journey 2 kilometre approx
Washington DC, District of Columbia
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Great Mementos of Ireland”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We visited Doreen Drennan's Studio during our July vacation In Ireland. One of her paintings of the Cliffs of Moher had been featured in the reception area of the Ballinalacken Castle Country House where we customarily stay when we visit the west of Ireland. After visiting her studio and meeting Doreen, we purchased the Cliffs painting and another pastoral scene. They are sitting prminently in our living room. Thanks Doreen!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank jrjojo

Washington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breathtaking location- breathtaking art!”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I visited this Art Studio in the summer of 2011. I am passionate about art and Ireland so combining the two was a must for me on this trip. The studio is perfect- it is set in the wilds of the Burren region a perfect background and inpiration for Doreen's art. It was exactly what I wanted- her paintings capture rural Ireland in all its beauty- such attention to detail .. I knew my parents (both Irish born and bred, mum from Clare dad from Galway) would love them all. I chose the one of Kinvara pier and boats (a short ride away from the gallery which we had passed on our way from Galway) and presented it to mum and dad when I got back to the states- they loved it! It has pride of place over our fireplace. Would highly recommend this experience for all art and Ireland lovers. Wish I could have fitted in some lessons there!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank JUNG45
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Art Experience - Wonderful Paintings”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Loved this artist. All her paintings are excellent and of the local area.
My family and I bought a beautiful painting of the Cliffs of Moher which will always remind us of our holiday in both Clare and Ireland.

This painter had an added touch in that her knowledge and love of the local area comes through in every painting.

Visited November 2011