“Feel of a hotel, price of a hostel”
Review of The Burren Hostel

and 1 more site!
The Burren Hostel
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights in mid May. Very clean, very friendly staff, hot showers, a better than average breakfast, decent Wi-Fi, quiet, and a pool table. Just a short walk from a great Irish pub and a few wonderful restaurants. Perfect compliment to our tour of the cliffs in nearby Doolin. But don't let the beautiful Irish redhead at the front desk fool you...she is actually French :) Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014
SleepzoneManager, Manager at The Burren Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hi Gary
Thanks a million for staying for 2 nights - always nicer when someone stays on an extra night or 2. We pride ourselves in our breakfast and love the pool table, table football and the piano also. Yes, the Roadside Tavern is a great spot for music and food - we are so lucky to have it beside us. Also the Rathbaun Hotel is great for music with the Wild Honey Inn and Sheedy's both special for food - as you will see on Tripadvisor. We are so lucky to be near Ireland's 3rd biggest attraction The Cliffs of Moher which are truly stunning and scene to many a movie including Harry Potter.
I have passed your lovely comment onto our beautiful French Redhead (assistant manager Heloise) who now calls Ireland her home.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

There are newer reviews for The Burren Hostel

Reviewed 26 May 2014

As a family with young children we had an excellent stay at the Burren Hostel.
Comfortable room with private bathroom. The kitchen was great and very well equipped for making your own dinner. Aveen, the cheerful hostess of the Burren Hostel gave us some great tips where to go. Thanks for the pleasant stay and we will definitely come again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
SleepzoneManager, Manager at The Burren Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you so much Liseanne for the lovely review. We get a lot of families here from all over the world and we are thrilled that the children enjoyed themselves so that you could get a chance to relax while they were happy.
The private ensuite bathrooms are such a bonus in a hostel - we are so lucky to have them.
The Kitchen was only put in last year so is a modern Ikea Kitchen which makes a huge difference to the self catering experience.
I am getting to know all the attractions at the moment myself having just moved to the area - so much fun so at least I can tell guests up to date information.
I really hope you will come back someday soon as we really enjoyed having you stay here.
Aoibhinn (Aveen)

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Having taken a deep breath, it is time to share some superlatives.
It all starts with a warm welcome from the reception staff. You get a feeling of home almost immediately. After you fill in a short registration card, you are shown the whole place and get explained how all works here. You get accommodated in a very clean room with private shower, comfy bed is a standard here. Looks great and this is just the beginning. You prepare a meal in a well equipped kitchen. Eat it in a cosy dining area and start thinking about 'the next'. You can either go out or just spend the evening in a 'reading room' with a real fireplace. That was another 'whau' moment for me. Although you are tired after the whole day, you just don't want to miss this - rare and exceptional.. You have a great sleep and there is a breakfast waiting for you in the dining room - just help yourself. Another nice surprise.
Best accommodation I have been to during my trip in Ireland.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
SleepzoneManager, Manager at The Burren Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you so much Jan for your amazing 5/5 review of our hostel - really appreciate your time you took to do this. A warm welcome is so important as first impressions are top of our priority list here. This hostel is our home and we wish for our guests to feel that - home away from home after a long day touring maybe. Cleanliness is very important to us and we are always looking for ways to improve this. The private ensuite bathrooms are a huge extra bonus in hostels. The mattresses are all new and the best of quality and we know the importance for our guests - walkers, cyclists, motobikers etc to get a good night sleep. The kitchen was modernised last year and a lot of our regular guests have commented on this particular improvement. We have lots of great Irish books to read and the open fire is my personal favourite part of the hostel.
Thank you for your really lovely comments which I have passed onto the proud team here and we hope to welcome you back again someday maybe with friends or family.
Warmest regards

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Love, love, LOVED the hostel! It's sweet, cozy, and very well-kept. The staff are absolutely amazing! When my friend and I had trouble figuring out some details of our trip, the staff were super supportive and resourceful, and went out of their way to help us in any way they could!

The Burren hostel does an amazing job making travelers from all over the world feel at home, and everything about it is just magical! Very grateful for having had the chance to stay there, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Much love,
Shannon

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
SleepzoneManager, General Manager at The Burren Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thanks a million Shannon for your "LOVELY" review. We pride ourselves in keeping the place lovely and to be helpful - we understand the stresses of not knowing the areas as we have all travelled ourselves extensively in the past.

We really hope you come back soon and you both were an absolute pleasure to look after - always smiling.

Thank you for staying.
Warmest Regards

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is the best hostel I have ever been to! I've travelled all over the world and this is the nicest hostel I've stayed at. The place is incredibly cozy and inviting. They set out a continental breakfast in the morning and they have tea and coffee free all day. The dining room and kitchen are clean and large and have everything you need. Because it was a hotel there is a lovely sitting room with a fire in it every night. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are very clean and private. The best part of this hostel, however, are the people that work here! The nicest staff I've ever met. They made me feel so welcome and went above and beyond to help me with everything I needed, including helping me figure out the bus system and getting me where I needed to go. They are so friendly. If I'm ever near here again I will make a point to come back. This place is perfect for a solo traveller, a group, or a family. Lovely environment. It's very close to the cliffs, the beach town of Lahinch and a number of other wonderful sites to see. The perfect Irish hostel. I even extended my stay. I highly suggest it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

What can I say Madison - but you were one of our BEST guests!!!! Love when guests stay more than one or two nights and keep extending their stay - I get such a buzz from that - thank you. A lot of guests are surprised by the continental breakfast as they think it is purely self catering like some other hostels - but we are a bit different here. Cleanliness is one of my top priorities so thanks for your comments on this. We are so lucky to have been a hotel before and still have that character. We have invested money in good mattresses so this is important to us. the ensuite bathrooms are definitely an added bonus.
Thank you so much for your lovely comments about the staff - I will pass them on to all our team here. Don't worry you are not the only one who finds the local bus system a tad puzzling - I still haven't got the hang of it!!! We are always aware of solo travellers as we were all one once here. Families love it here too - perfect for kids. Lahinch beach is stunning and of course the cliffs are indescribable.
Thanks for staying that wee bit longer!!!!

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

This is a fantastic hostel, in a lovely town.
Very friendly staff at reception, and very knowledgeable and willing to help. Right across the road from the Burren smokehouse, which was also great.
Very large common room areas, which was really good, and a room with a fire lit. Great wifi connection also!
The family room was excellent, and very clean.
Was everything we needed. Thank you very much

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thanks so much for your fantastic review. Burren Smokehouse is great - have to agree with you there and they export their amazing produce all over the world.
Open fire is great to have for the cosyness of the hostel all year around.
I shall pass on your kind comments to the housekeeping staff about the cleanliness.
Thank YOU very much and hope you make it down this way soon.
regards

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I had a wonderful experience staying here! The hotel is much more like a hotel than a hostel. The staff is very helpful and personable. When I arrived, they greeted me warmly and invited me to put down my luggage and have a cup of tea in the living area. Throughout my stay, the staff went above and beyond to help me out with various things.
Great wifi!
Plus, it's located close to the Cliffs of Moher - beautiful!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
SleepzoneManager, Manager at The Burren Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you KaiAnn32 for your "wonderful" review which I have shown to the team here. We are thrilled that you loved it so much and our motto is to go the extra mile for our guests.
We are so lucky to be near one of the top 5 attractions in Ireland - The Cliffs of Moher.
Hopefully you shall come back someday soon.
Warmest Regards
Aoibhinn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisdoonvarna
The Hydro Hotel
Doolin Hostel
Doolin Hostel
#1 of 20 in Doolin
Sleepzone Hostel Galway

Been to The Burren Hostel? Share your experiences!