“We only had dinner here, but...”
Review of Rathbaun Hotel

Rathbaun Hotel
Rathbaun Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lisdoonvarna
Reviewed 15 June 2012

...couldn't have found the welcome from Lynn, Declan, and their family (all who seem to work in the restaurant!) any warmer. In a six night stay (at Dermot Dooley's excellent Claherleigh House B&B) we came here for dinner three times. Portions are generous, service quick, and the food wholesome and tasty. It's not a 5-star dining experience but doesn't pretend to be - if you're looking for a filling, wholesome menu with great service Rathbaun's is definitely worth a visit (or three).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 June 2012

The Rathbaun is truly a gem, the owners are wonderful hosts, and obviously have a passion for what they do. The food is great, the rooms are clean and one of my favorite perks, you get a real blanket; nice and thick. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel at all. Enjoy your stay, it will be a good one.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed here for one night. We met the owner, and while she seemed a bit rushed (I think she was taking care of pretty much everything herself that night), she was very helpful and friendly. We had an issue with our toilet not working properly and she attended to it right away. Very good service. The issue ended up just being that it takes a long time for the toilet to refill with water; there was no actual repair necessary. The rooms are not luxe by any means, but they are appointed with everything you could need. And, they are clean!! That is the most important thing to me. The bathroom was very clean as well. The bedding was a bit hard, but you are receiving a wonderful value here! I would recommend this place to friends/family and anyone who is looking to get some rest and save some money while visiting Cliffs of Moher or the Burren.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Gracious and fun, manager Lynne made us feel very welcome. She also gave recommendations for dinner and drinks outside of her own business. The room was sunny and bright with warm touches in the decor. Great mattress and supportive for my back problem. Lots of hot water and a full ensuite bathroom. Safe parking nearby. Very comfortable. Close to other amenities and minutes from the Cliffs of Moher.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We ended up at the Rathbaun after we decided to skip Galway during a cross-country trip. The room was nothing fancy, but was comfortable, and the staff was very welcoming and kind. The restaurant/bar had good food (try the stew or fish and chips) and great music. I definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a homey environment.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Do not stay at this hotel, if you want to be treated like a piece of dirt do. I was staying at this hotel over the matchmaking festival in Lisdoon, when I went to the bar to order a soda water I was told that I better not be taking in alcohol in my bag to the premises. I was utterly offended and appauled as I do not drink at all, for a grown women like myself to be treated in such a manner was shocking. It is beyond me how people like Lynn manage to run a business with the manner in which she treats her customers. After reading others reviews I know now that I am not the only one feeling this way. I will certainly not be returning here ever.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
13  Thank Gwen M
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We could not have bettered our stay at the matchmaking festival. The hotel was comfortable, the breakfasts sumptious and the service excellent. Everyone smiled at the hotel including all the guests. We enjoyed the music which began at midday and finished late (well after midnight). If you enjoy music but need a quiet night bring your earplugs as it is well worth a visit. The rooms were clean with plenty of facilities i.e. towels, teabags etc. Oh yes and breakfast lasts from early morning until midday. We enjoyed it so much that we are booking again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rita T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisdoonvarna
0 mi away
0 mi away
Imperial Hotel
Imperial Hotel
#6 of 7 in Lisdoonvarna

Been to Rathbaun Hotel? Share your experiences!