“Lovely Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Athlone
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

This was a Lovely Hotel with friendly helpful staff, lovely clean rooms, excellent leisure facilities. The dining is excellent, the only down side is the bar area which is not comfortable.
The Hotel is built into a shopping centre which is a little odd but doesn't take away from Hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shane O
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Shane,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you found of staff to be friendly and helpful and that the leisure facilities were excellent.

I have reviewed your feedback on our bar with our bar manager and we will be looking at various measures in response to your feedback. Guest feedback and suggestions are very important to us and I would welcome the opportunity to review this with you in more detail if you would like to contact me here at the hotel on 0906451000.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and a I look forward to speaking with you if the opportunity permits.

General Manager,
Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
County Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

It was first time stating with this hotel even staying on Athlone so it was an experience usually it is Galway we head for. I decided to bring my mum away for an early mothers day present and choose to stay in a club room which came with a club lounge benefits which is a quite space away from the bar with minerals and snacks and wifi and you can bar food delivered to the area also. I though this was wonderful as we were the only ones using it was very nice. The room was lovely robes and slippers provided the only thing would COMPLAIN ABOUT WOULD BE THERE WAS NO ANTI SLIP MAT IN THE SHOWER I DID NOT FEEL SAFE HAVING A SHOWER, I could have had a bath but did not want one but apart from that the room was lovely. I did have to call a few times to the front desk for different things and every time I got a very nice staff member on it and it was sorted there and then. We had the club sandwiches in the club lounge and they were very nice and well worth the money we paid, the breakfast was nice a bit of confusion to start but after that was sorted it was lovely. The staff were all very nice and very helpful and we will stay again and my mum was very happy and that's all I was worried about but all was good and we will stay again.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Dear “Jewel18”,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and it is great to read that you chose Athlone as a destination for a leisure break away. Over the past few years a lot of effort has been put into developing Athlone and it’s surrounding lakelands as a tourism destination. Feedback from our guests has been very positive and there are more activities on offer in the area every season.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on the team and our club lounge.

We have started a review of our showers for slip resistance and any appropriate measures will be implemented immediately as guest safety is of paramount concern for us. Thank you for highlighting this to us.

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone soon.

Buncrana, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Just want to say what a wonderful meal we had in La Provence for our christening. Joe, Tracey and all the staff were brilliant. We had young children with us, so we got a table that was out of the other customers way, the kids could play and not be in anybodys way. The Food was superb and my dad is still talking about the braised beef !!!! Thank you also to Abdalla and his team for reserving a table for us in the bar and your great service also. My sister and her family stayed in the hotel and had and excellent time and will be coming back.
Clare

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Clare,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for choosing to celebrate such a special occasion as a family christening with us. I am delighted that the service and food exceeded your expectations and that we helped you to enjoy celebrating this time with your family..

It was a pleasure to share your feedback with Abdalla and his team in the bar as well as the team in the restaurant.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed in this hotel twice last year. Central location, built in shopping center complex, close to everything. Rooms are ok, expected better for newish 4* hotel. Had lunch in bar and got dirty glass with lipstick on, returned glass and they brought me glass with water stains on!!!! Staff was ok, can't say that very friendly... I would rate it more like 3* hotel rather then 4.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hona7
Dear “Hona7”,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and for providing a review of your stay with us.

I am glad to read that you found our location to be central. There were a number of areas for me to address and I would like to reassure you that those items you have highlighted to us regarding bar service have been addressed.

While we do receive a large volume of feedback regarding the friendliness of our staff I would like to apologise that you did not find this to be the case. We have ensured that a renewed focus is placed on guest care and I do hope that you will experience this should you choose to return.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

If you know the Sheraton brand, you'll know what to expect, though the style of this hotel is a mix of Le Meridien and Westin/Aloft. I got a room in the tower with a wonderful view over the Shannon. The room itself was very clean and modern. The shower had good power and the amenities in the bathroom are fine. I like the 'stone' effect of the decor though having a bath and separate shower means the toilet placement and space is a little cramped (or at least it was in my room!).

Staff were very friendly, breakfast set me up for the day, access to the club allowed me to have tea or coffee at any time during my stay and there is also an on-site pool and fitness facility. All in all, a very pleasant surprise and a definite destination if I have to stay in the midlands and want to have some certainty about what awaits! Athlone itself also has a few things worth visiting, though I only managed a brief walking tour.

Room Tip: Ask (or pay) for a room in the tower and ask for a high floor
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Dear “Pi31415”,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive and positive review following your stay with us.

Thank you for your positive feedback on Sheraton Hotels, we are very proud to be part of such a strong brand and to be representing The Sheraton brand here in Ireland.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone soon, and I would be delighted if you could ask for me at the desk on your return so that I might thank you for your feedback personally.

Trim, Co. Meath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed in the Sheraton last weekend and have to say the Hotel was great. Staff were very friendly and facilities were second to none. Stayed in a fabulous suite and views from the 'tower' were breathtaking. We dined in the restaurant on Saturday evening and the food exceeded our expectations, not a lover of hotel food generally but our experience in the Sheraton changed my views. There was a lovely atmosphere in the hotel and staff couldn't do enough to make our experience as enjoyable as possible. Keep up the good work and looking forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to have a suite and it was beautiful - couldn't ask for better!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Dear “Maria W”

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel following your stay and for your wonderful feedback.

It was a pleasure to share your post with our team during our weekly review of guest feedback.

I am delighted to read that our restaurant food has exceeded your expectations, something we strive to do in all aspects of our service. I would like to thank you in particular on behalf of Mark Glennon, restaurant manager in our La Provence Restaurant. Mark and his team are constantly developing their offering and we will be launching a new menu in the coming weeks.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Had a great stay here in September couldnt ask for anymore got the breakfast delivered to the room the next morning everything we asked for we got.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear “Michael M”,
It was wonderful to read your positive review and I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.