“A Great Stay”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Dublin, Ireland
“A Great Stay”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed in the Sheraton Athlone with 3 children in a family room. From the moment we arrived the staff were lovely, they seemed very happy and nothing was a problem.
The room was huge with 2 queen size beds and a sofa bed, all very comfortable. The bathroom was really lovely.
The whole hotel had a luxurious feel and was spotless.
We had dinner in the bar, where the food was delious, reasonably priced and the portions were very big, there was something for everyone, and with our family that is amazing!
The pool and changing rooms are very nice and again spotless. The pool is more like a spa pool and so it isn't huge, but there were floating games for the kids to play with so the kids never noticed and had a great time.
It was raining outside to the access to the shopping center was great.
We would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear “LoveToTravel327”,
Thank for taking the time to provide such a positive review of our hotel and for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.
Time spent away with our families is extremely precious and I am delighted to read that the food, service and facilities were of a high standard and helped you to enjoy this special time.
I was particularly delighted to read that you found the hotel to be spotless. Grainne, Anne Marie and their team in accommodation have been achieving extremely high standards of cleanliness and it is wonderful for them to have this recognized on Tripadvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and hopefully the rain will hold off for your next trip so that you can enjoy some of the great family activities available in Athlone and the surrounding lakelands.
Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Bembridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stay here on business and have done so on many occasions. Rooms are always great quality, extremely clean, good facilities. We eat in the bar usually and food is of a high standard. Would definitely stay here for pleasure should I be in the area...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MollyWhit
Dear “Mollywhit”,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I do hope that you have the opportunity to return for a leisure stay soon.

It was a pleasure to share your feedback regarding the bar food with Abdalla, our Bar Manager, Kevin, our Executive Chef, and their teams. Our Sheraton Bar menu is proving extremely popular and we are developing the menu all of the time so I look forward to your feedback when you have the opportunity to return.

Once again thank you for you wonderful review.

Wicklow, IE
Reviewed 19 April 2012

really enjoyed the view from the bedrooms, worth the walk and lift... The meal was really good and I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear “Happy_IE”,

Thank you for your review of The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

With views over two provinces, four counties and the surrounding lakelands we are very fortunate with our tower bedrooms and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed this aspect of our hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

galway
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed here couple weeks ago to catch up on litttle bit of me time. From the minute I entered reception I could not Belive the level of service happening around me, it was a pretty busy afternoon in reception and the bar was quiet busy also, but all staff who passed while i awaited check in greated me with a big smile and hello, I felt like I was the olny person there and my peaceful break began immediatley. Once at Reception I was Greated by a very friendly receptionst, Kelly. She was so professional, I was checked in within minutes even though i had forgot to book a smoking room, and only requested on arrival Kelly managed to locate a room and my check in and quieries where all handled with great professionalism and no hassle. Kelly was just the start of a fantasic 24hr break away from the kids, the dinner and cocktails in the bar after a busy afternoon shopping (10% off voucher too for most of the shops, also provided by Kelly) all met with great satisfaction Best bar food I have had in a while and those cocktails had my feet wanting to dance, I opted for early nite though and had a great nite sleep so good i was greatful for the late check out i requested, I cant wait to make a return trip and bring a girlfriend or two. Well Done to all Staff and a Big Thank You to Kelly

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank cookie793
Dear “Cookie793”,

I am delighted to read that you found the service at the hotel to be so welcoming and professional. We are very fortunate to have a very dedicated team who are extremely focused on providing extremely high standards of guest care. It was a pleasure to share your feedback with Kelly in particular as well as the entire team at our weekly review of guest feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Sheraton Athlone Hotel soon and I would be delighted to thank you for your feedback personally if you would be kind enough to ask for me a the Front Desk.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Spent just the 1 night here but wish it was a week... Will definately return for longer. Located right in the centre of Athlone, the staff were so helpful. The bedrooms are as good you will get for the price and the views are seriously impressive.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Harry,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to review The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and I am delighted to read that you found your time with us so enjoyable.

Two areas in particular which we pride ourselves on are guest care and excellent value for money and it was very kind of you to mention both in your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Sheraton Athlone Hotel soon.

carlow
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed here last weekend and from the moment we arrived had an unbelievable experience. The staff are very friendly, knowledgable and couldnt have been more helpful. We were upgraded to a room in the tower on the 8th floor with floor to ceiling windows the room was just fantastic. We ordered breakfast in bed at 6pm on the saturday evening - there was no way we were going away from the spectacular bedroom and views. On the Saturday night the hotel had a wedding and a party on an upper floor and the staff were still keen to assist us with anything with good music in the bar. (It was handy for my wife too as the hotel backs onto a shopping centre) The pool is great with lovely clean changing rooms and again very helpful staff. The thing I will most remember is the customer service we both really felt very special even having a joke with reception when checking out. I cant wait to go back there again its the first time in a long time I had to decide to go home we really wanted to move in. Its really great to see a business being well run. Congratulations to all involved.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the tower. We did and it is exceptional the views are great and the room stand...