“Excellent”
Review of Sheraton Athlone

Sheraton Athlone
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed in Sheraton with husband and two children recently. It was a fabulous four star hotel. Staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms were spacious and clean. The Kids activities Club was fantastic. My 5 year old had a ball. The hotel offers free car parking and you can enter the Athlone Shopping Centre from hotel, so convenient. My Sister stayed with her newborn and my sister in law stayed with her two children and were all full of praise for this great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Dear “Mel L”,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and for providing a review of your experience with us.

I am delighted to read that your little one enjoyed our Sheraton Adventure Club which has generated a huge amount positive feedback from parents and children alike.

Throughout the various mid-term breaks our unique experiences such as The Jingle Ball, Our Cookies and Milk Movie Nights, The Battle of the Ginger Bread Families, Pumpkin Carving competitions and Easter Egg Hunts have been particularly well received and I would be delighted to hear your feedback should you have the opportunity to return to experience them.

Our congratulations to your sister on their new arrival. I hope that mother and child are well and we look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone very soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Booked a weekend in the Sheraton hotel and was not disappointed, staff at reception were so nice got an upgraded room to the 10 th floor tower which overlooked the town gorgeous room with air conditioning! Did not eat in the hotel as there was lovely restaurants all over athlone town but breakfast was nice and very well organised, would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear “Cait81”,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel following your stay with us.

I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team, and in particular with Dan, Mark and their team on the front desk.

I do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit our La Provence Restaurant on your return. Our award winning Executive Chef, Kevin Ward, and his team have been receiving some wonderful comments and I would be delighted to hear your thoughts.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

On arrival the Receptionist was very Friendly, Got to our room and were very happy with the Size of the room for 3 People, the air conditioning was great to have as it was very hot on the 2 Days of been there.
The bed was very comfortable had a great nights sleep in it,
The breakfast was grand had nice pastry's one of the mornings was sad not to see them the next Morning , I also thought the Coffee did not taste the best was my only problem with Breakfast.

I loved the Gym And Pool Facility, the Staff there were very friendly one in Particular was really helpful and great to chat to cant remember what his name ,
I would stay in this hotel again if i'm ever around the area.

3  Thank TomStatic

Dear “TomStatic”
Thank you for your recent review and for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.
It was a genuine pleasure to share your very kind feedback with the team. I am delighted to read that you found our bedrooms and air conditioning to be very comfortable. I have addressed the matter of consistency where our fresh pastries, which should be offered every day, were not available during breakfast service on your second morning. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and my apologies for the lapse in standards.
I will pass on your kind feedback about one of our team members in Sheraton Fitness to Ross and I am sure he will be able to identify the relevant individual.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone very soon and are delighted to read that you would choose to stay with us again if the opportunity arises.

Johnny O'Sullivan,

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel as part of a girlie one night break. We had a twin room and a triple room. The triple room had a camp bed but this bed had a proper very comfortable mattress. The decor in the room was lovely, modern, smart and attractive.We got 30e coupons for the spa on check in but we did'nt get a chance to use these.There was a wedding in the hotel but this did not impact on our stay at all. We did not eat dinner in the hotel, we ate in a charming restaurant down town called Hatters Lane.
On return to the hotel, we found the residents bar a little noisy and we took our drinks upstairs and sat in very comfortable sofa's on the end of our floor. A member of staff passed us at one stage and one of our party jokingly asked would there be any chance of a piece of chocolate cake from the wedding party downstairs. he promptly returned from the kitchen with some profiteroles and a large smile.They were so nice and much appreciated!We did'nt get his name but it was a lovely gesture.
Breakfast on Saturday morning was very ,very busy at 10.30am. However the breakfast was lovely especially the freshly squeezed OJ. If I had one falt, it would be that we did not have individual pots of tea/coffee.
Overall a great stay and we wil return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear “Eimear99”,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review following your stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.
I am delighted to read that you chose to enjoy some precious time away with friends at our hotel and that the high service standards we aim to provide to were maintained.
Exceeding our guest’s expectations is one of the targets that we as a team in the hotel have decided to set ourselves and I am very glad to read that we have achieved this in putting a little bit extra into the service offered to one of our guests.
Once again thank you most sincerely for your comprehensive review and we hope to welcome you back to Athlone very soon.
General Manager.
Sheraton Athlone Hotel

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Booked 2 nights b&b with 1 dinner here. Had never been to Athlone before so a bit apprehensive. When I phoned hotel to book the girl I spoke to was v encouraging and even threw in a boat trip on the Shannon. She invited me to take an upgraded room however as this was an impromptu break with budget in mind I though I would wait Nd see what rooms were like. When we arrived we found hotel easily enought and got parked. Got allocated room on 3rd floor and we were disappointed with it. It was dark and also a bit shabby. We felt it smelt like someone had smoked in it although we were assuepred it was a non smoking room. I phoned down to reception and immediately Gavin from guest relations came and showed us 3 rooms in the tower. Folks do not delay take the upgrade. No comparison. Views were amazing. Thanks to dan and Gavin for amazing and prompt service when they saw we were not happy with room.

Meal in restaurant at nit was ok just. Certainly not amazing but couldn't have complained. Harvest cafe was really good during day and we visited it twice.

Bring your hat if you want to swim as that cost us 2 euro each. Spa was lovely.
Other than that we had an amazin break and would thoroughly recommend Athlone.

Best bits for us was the complimentary boat trip with Mike on his Viking cruise.. It was amazing!! Thanks guys!

Loved Athkone town. Typical Irish town pubs music craic Nd plenty to see, all on the beautiful setting of the Shannon.

I would recommend.

Stayed: July 2013

Dear “Crowsfoot”

It was a great pleasure to read your review and to share it with the team here at the hotel. We are genuinely delighted to read that you found the service from Gavin and Dan to be excellent. Both have been members of our management team for several years and regularly receive compliments for exceeding our customer’s expectations.

I do apologise that you found your first room to be of a standard which you were disappointed with and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback if you had the opportunity to contact me on generalmanager@sheratonathlonehotel.com.

I am delighted to read that found Athlone and it’s setting on The Shannon to be enjoyable and that you enjoyed visiting Ireland’s Lakelands during your time here.

We hope to welcome you back to The Sheraton Athlone Hotel soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed just for one night at the Sheraton. Took an upgrade to a room with floor to ceiling windows. Air conditioner struggled a bit with the unexpected heat spell. Room was very quiet at night however. Staff were very accommodating and meal in the bar excellent. Would recommend the higher tower rooms even though you take three lifts from the car park. Car parking is included. Just ask for your ticket to be validated when you check out. Buffet style breakfast was good fare.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear “XOX140”

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to provide a review of your experience with us and for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you found the team to be accommodating and the food offering in our Sheraton Bar to be excellent. It was a pleasure to share this feedback with the team at our weekly review of guest feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone should the opportunity arise in the future.

General Manager.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We had our wedding at the Sheraton Athlone in July this year. From the time we booked our wedding the previous year, the hotel wedding team were fantastic to us and were beyond helpful. The day itself was fantastic, from the arrivals reception on the roof top garden to the beautiful Hoey Suite and the amazing food, we had a really super day. The staff were excellent and very friendly on the day to all our guests, the bedrooms are lovely, very comfortable and airy, and the hotel itself is modern and immaculately kept.

We had a good few quests stay over for a few nights at the hotel as they were travelling and they have all said how amazing the hotel was and how great and helpful the staff were, they all thoroughly enjoyed their stay and have said they would definitely return to the Sheraton Hotel. We honestly could not recommend this hotel highly enough to anyone thinking of a stay over in Athlone or indeed anyone planning a wedding in the area.

Dear Davina and Eoin,

It was great to read such wonderful feedback in your review and on behalf of myself and the team I would like to thank you for choosing The Sheraton Athlone as your wedding venue.

It was an absolute pleasure to look after you both and we are very proud to know that you would recommend our hotel following your wedding with us. I am delighted that you found your special day to be so memorable and we hope that you will have many more wonderful memories throughout your life together.

Everyone here in the hotel sends their regards and were delighted to receive your great feedback at our weekly meeting.

Once again, thank you for choosing The Sheraton Athlone Hotel for one of the biggest occasions of your lives and I am glad that we helped to make the day special for you and your families.

All the best for now.