“Great location in centre of town”
Review of Sheraton Athlone

Sheraton Athlone
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights, overall very impressed. Nice clean, modern hotel.
Rooms were spacious, great air-con. Bathrooms were a bit small and dark but ok.
Breakfast was great.
Reception staff were not very friendly.
If I had to fault this hotel it would be that it was complex to get to our room. We had to get 2 different lifts and the lifts are a good distance apart.
Location great though, lovely town.
Didn't eat or drink in the hotel or use the leisure facilities so I cannot comment on that.
Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Just home from a very enjoyable one night stay in the Sheraton. Very child friendly and great helpful and friendly staff. Lovely room (family room) spacious and spotless. Good breakfast and good pool, sauna, steam room etc. Great value break at 138 euro b&b including a 1hr 20min river Shannon cruise for 2 adults and 3 kids! Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I had to be in athlone today but promised to treat myself to a bite in the sheraton. Went in the main front door had a look at the bar it was full. Was wandering through reception and to be fair the receptionist asked if she could help. I said I wanted something nice to eat . She suggested the bar I said it was full then she suggested the harvest restaurant and they did carvery I said I don't really do carvery .. she goes its really nice and they do sandwiches etc. I went up to be fair the display looked nice and the chef was friendly I ordered my food. And went to pay and get a drink they only had chardonnay wine.... The days of the wag are gone chardonnay is bo longer popular. When I asked I was told that was it or the red. To be fair staff are lovely food is ok but in my head I have the sheraton down for exceptional quality and service and do feel let down the harvest is a cafe like anyother in a shopping centre the seating is ok but you wouldnt sit there all day drinking its aimed at eat and drink up and get out. I don't want to hear the cutlery being polished and thrown into the containers, I want to relax its suppose to be the sheraton. To Sheraton staff please high light that its a cafe not a restaurant it works out of the shopping centre I didn't know what it was like until I went to pay and saw the seating I was sure it would have been more different if I'd have known I wouldnt have stayed found something else and moved on to be fair the sheraton is well located staff seem nice food is fine... It was the perception and name that didn't represent a good experience

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I was here two nights in august with children and my parents
We had great relaxing time, kids enjoyed the camp and dinner with other kids
We enojoyed the town and the spare time for visiting the city and do some shopping
Hotel is in a shopping center so if it s raining you can stay in the shopping center withput going out
Restaurant and breakfast are very good
Hotel is very elegant and swimming pool is new vlean and lots of good water massage
I would come back certainly

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Just back from three nights, great break, enjoyed every minute

Staff, breakfast and hotel all great

Room was good, bathroom great and bed very comfortable. Made use of the pool and it was again very good.

Hotel is central to everything and has a huge shopping complex next to it. Staff very friendly and there was a good vibe In the baR. Food was just alright but not bad, that's just the bar. I didn't eat dinner in restaurant.

Theres also a wine and cheese demo on Monday and Wednesday which is complimentary, a nice touch.

Breakfast very filling and I can't recommend it enough. Was only 82 euro a night, a bargain.

Great break. Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We had our wedding at the Sheraton Athlone in July this year. From the moment we enquired about wedding packages last year right up to and on our wedding day, the hotel wedding team and indeed the whole hotel staff were fantastic to us.

As we were lucky enough to have glorious weather on our wedding day we had our arrivals reception on the rooftop garden. We then moved to the Hoey Suite which was beautifully presented and a perfect setting for our dinner and evening entertainment. Throughout the day the staff were fantastic and many of our guests commented on the high level of service and the friendliness of every staff member. The food was first class and the chef was very accommodating to people with dietary requirements.

The hotel itself is modern and very clean. We had a lot of guests and family staying a number of nights and they all informed me that they had a wonderful stay. I saw a number of the bedrooms and each was lovely and spacious. The staff even had the air conditioning turned on in the rooms to ensure that guests had a comfortable stay even with the high temperatures outside. The bridal suite was stunning with views over the river Shannon, it was just a pity we couldn’t stay longer. Breakfast in the morning also didn’t disappoint, with a large selection of cold and hot foods on offer there was plenty of choice for everyone.

We had a fantastic experience in the Sheraton and we could not recommend it highly enough to anyone planning a wedding or just a few days away.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We so enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton. We checked in late and when they found out we were SPG gold we were upgraded to a beautiful room. The beds were heavenly. We ate breakfast daily in the dining room, and the buffet was wonderful. All the Irish breakfast goodies we love to eat were on the buffet. We also enjoyed lunch in the Sheratons best kept secret, "The Harvest Café". The food was very reasonable and delicious. We enjoyed shopping in the mall that was attached to the hotels, as well as the quaint shops in the downtown that surrounded the hotel. The hotel was a perfect a launching place for sightseeing. We will be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family