“One night stay”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Roscommon
“One night stay”
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Booked a 1 night stay for my fiancé & I , as we were attending a 40th party in Athlone, hotel is ideally situ orated in centre of town, close to shops & town amenities, with free Parking, rooms very modern & comfortable, with large ensuite with separate bath & shower, staff friendly

2 Thank B a
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear “B a”,

It is wonderful to read such positive feedback about your stay and I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your time with us.

I was delighted to share your feedback with the team and it is good to know found The Sheraton Athlone to be centrally situated and well appointed.

Our sincere thanks to you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Dublin
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here twice and always a pleasure. Restaurant is great for breakfast and dinner.

Only problem is limited lunch options for my taste.

The wedding coordinator Anne Connaughton is their best asset!!!

Bigger rooms are fab so treat your self!!!

Dear “Klassylassy”,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay at our hotel and for providing a review of your experience. Your opinion is very important to us.

It was a great pleasure to share your feedback with the team here in the hotel. Anna has now joined our Front Office team and continues to be a huge asset! I look forward to sharing your review with her and thank you for providing such wonderful feedback.

I look forward to reviewing your feedback with our food and beverage team and to examining the lunch options in our Sheraton Bar and Harvest Café. I would be delighted to learn more about your feedback if the opportunity arises to email me at generalmanager@sheratonathlonehotel.com.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Sheraton Athlone Hotel very soon.

Johnny O’Sullivan
Sheraton Athlone Hotel
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Had my stags/golf weekend here and the hotel was really good. The rooms were modern and nicely furnished and the hotel overall has a lovely modern feel to it. Good location in the centre of town and it's handy that the hotel is connected to a modern shopping centre. The carpark was quite difficult to find/navigate through on arrival as it's quite busy with shopping traffic. Hotel was very accommodating to a stag party unlike some places and everyone really enjoyed it. Only bad point was the bar food wasn't very good and a little pricey, and the buffet breakfast was extremely poor. The fact that people from a hungover stag party noticed the inferior breakfast will tell you how poor we felt the quality was. Bland, luke warm and understocked.
But that may have improved now, and the rest of the hotel was top notch.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear “Jontronix”,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and for choosing to stay with us. Thank you also for your very kind feedback regarding our rooms and décor.

I would like to apologise on behalf of myself and the team that there were some aspects of your stay which you did not enjoy.

I can reassure you that a positive guest experience is at the forefront of everything we do here at the hotel. Following meeting our Chef and Bar and Restaurant management teams to review your feedback, I am confident that you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of our offering should you have the opportunity to return to The Sheraton Bar. Our La Provence Breakfast has been a focus area over the last number of months and we have been adding a number of elements to the product which has been receiving wonderful feedback.

I would be delighted to discuss this with you personally if you would like to contact me here in the hotel on 0906451000 or alternatively by email at generalmanager@sheratonathlonehotel.com.

Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to speaking with you should the opportunity arise.

Kilrush, Clare, Ireland
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Just home from a weekend visit with my fiancée. Hotel is amazing. Facilities top class. Ate in restaurant on 2nd night, wow, fabulous food and service. But..... Ate in bar on 1st night. Food was ok, basic bar food. Prices were not so ok!! Quite expensive for what we had. Was also quite taken aback by the prices of drinks at the bar. €5.40 for a pint, €5 for a vodka?!? We had a lovely time, but that kinda was a black mark against this fine hotel

1 Thank Dan A
Dear “Dan A”,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and for providing a review of your experience with us. Our congratulations to both you and your fiancée on your engagement.

I am delighted to read that you found our facilities food and service to be of a very high standard.

We are very conscious that we continue to offer excellent value to our customers as the price and quality of our accommodation packages are a source of regular positive feedback. Thank you for highlighting this feedback on our bar pricing structure following the recent budget. We have priced our bar products competitively considering our local market. The two items you have highlighted were for a premium lager and a premium vodka and following a review with our team we agree with your feedback and have adjusted the pricing on these items accordingly. Our apologies for this oversight and thank you most sincerely for bringing it to my attention.

Once again, thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Sheraton Athlone personally if would be kind enough to ask for me on your return.

Roscommon
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

What can I say about our stay here. I didn't want to leave, we were treated like royalty. My partner and I stayed overnight for my graduation as a treat despite living locally enough. As soon as we arrived the receptionist an American lady (an asset to you) was welcoming and gave us an amazing upgrade to the tower on the 9th floor which overlooked Athlone, the river etc. I was thrilled! this lady (Natasha i think) responded so promptly to any requests I had and nothing was a big ask or a problem. Had a massage the following day in the spa which was Devine and again the staff here bent over backwards to help us! The leisure facilities met every need. The only criticism I had was that the member of staff here could have at least smiled once and not been so short with us. The only reason this gem in the centre of the town gets 4 and not 5 stars is the bizarre drink prices and the plain breakfast ( I didn't realise you had to request beans and mushrooms!). We will be staying again, in comparison to a neighbouring hotel let's just say its well worth the extra few euros!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear “KayleighDJ”,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to provide such a positive review of your experience with us and for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

It is wonderful to read that you found Natasha to be so professional and friendly. We are extremely fortunate to have a team who are dedicated to providing a genuinely friendly service and this is an area which is regularly complimented by our guests. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team at our weekly review of guest correspondence.

I do apologise that you felt that the breakfast did not meet our high standards. While mushrooms are cooked to order by our breakfast chef, beans should be available on our hot buffet every morning and we have recently implemented new standards on our cold buffet which I hope you will have the opportunity to enjoy on your return. Our beverage prices have been set competitively to compare with other properties in our area but I will review these immediately. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention and giving us the opportunity to improve.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone very soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed there over the October bank holiday weekend. The hotel was clearly busy but the staff were very polite and helpful. Nice comfortable rooms and great location. Two shopping centers very handy with free parking below the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear “Zara R”,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and I am delighted to read that you found our team to be so welcoming when the hotel was busy during your stay with us.

We are very fortunate to share a building with The Athlone Towncentre Shopping Centre and an array of national and international retailers. It is great to know that you enjoyed this aspect of our offering and I do hope that you benefited from the exclusive Platinum Discount Card which is available to guests of The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Sheraton Athlone Hotel
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed the October bank holiday Sunday, waited 3 hour in the hotels bar for our room as it wasn't ready upon arrival, friends checked in just after is & there's was ready. We decided to eat in the bar while waiting, food was crap, greasy & expensive! Heating in our room wouldn't work, it was cold & obviously uncomfortable then. Wouldn't rush back!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank butterflygirl_7_11
Dear “Butterflygirl_7_11”,

Thank you for taking them time to review our hotel and for choosing to stay with us. I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and the team that there were elements of your stay which you found disappointing.

I am very sorry to read that you would not return and would be very grateful for the opportunity to apologise personally and to discuss your feedback. If you would like to contact me our telephone number is 0906451000 and my email address is generalmanager@sheratonathlonehotel.com.

I have reviewed your feedback in relation to your arrival experience with John and our Front Desk team and it is a very exceptional situation that a room would not be available at or before our normal check in time of 3 O’Clock and we do apologise for this delay.

We have been receiving some excellent guest feedback in relation to our Bar Food offering and again it is very disappointing to read that you did not enjoy this element of our service. Having reviewed your comments with our Executive Chef we would like to thank you for highlighting this to us so that we can ensure a consistently high level of quality. I do hope that you have the chance to experience our normal excellent standards should you return.

Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to the opportunity to introduce myself and apologise in person.