Sheraton Athlone
US$227
US$210
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$164
The Prince of Wales Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$131
US$175
Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$97
Creggan Court(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$81
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Athlone Springs Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$134
TripAdvisor
Cooneys Hotel(Ballymahon)
US$163
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,077 results
All reviewsshopping centreharvest cafetower roomsla provence restaurantdeluxe roomfloor to ceiling windowslovely hotelhotel barcentral locationleisure facilitiestop classbar foodstayed here for two nightslovely roomwould highly recommend this hotelspa treatmentslast weekend
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton Hotel during the Christmas period. This hotel is fantastic. We got a room in the Tower area and the view of Athlone was amazing. Dealt with a lady called Deirdre in reservations and she was very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable. The food in this hotel is outstanding breakfast was amazing the nicest I have experiened in any hotel. The choice from both hot and cold buffets was excellent and everything was cooked to perfection and tasty. Had dinner on second night and it was fantastic. The choice on menu was great and the food was excellent. Joe in the restaurant deserves a big mention he is an excellent maitre d helped us choose dishes and looked after us from start to finish. Found the pool a little on the chilly side and small so only used it once. Overall we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is a really great 4-star hotel for families with friendly staff, good food (in fact the breakfast was particularly good), comfortable rooms, free internet (very unusual for a Starwood hotel) and what looks like a great kids club (if your kids are over 4). On top of all that it's extremely good value especially if you can avail of the SPG cash and points rate.

Room Tip: Choose a tower room if you want a good view and no families next door.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had promised ourselves a wedding anniversary break to the Sheraton in athlone and the whole weekend was excellent and lived up to and surpassed expectations Very friendly staff encountered all over the hotel great bar food well served a sumptuous breakfast to cater for all tastes spacious bedrooms and handy for the shops too secure and free underground parking was a big plus and the leisure facilities were very user friendly We are regularly away on business trips and have no hesitation in saying this has been one of our best liked hotel experiences We look forward to going back soon

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sonoftc
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed in the Sheraton Athlone over Christmas break and found some of the staff on reception to be absolutely awful. Upon arrival we found out someone else with same name was staying in the hotel, but rather than clarify how I spell my name, I was made feel terrible and was asked was I sure I read the name of the hotel I had booked, did I know what date it was and was then quizzed as to who from reservations had rung to confirm my booking. I suggested that they simply ring down to the spa as we had a booking for there too, but that was not acceptable. I was made log into my emails in reception to find the booking and was told it was unacceptable that I did not save the confirmation email. Rather than simply ask how to spell my name, I was made to feel like an incompetent second class idiot.

As my friend asked whether there was availability in the hotel and was told ample, we then requested could we just book in at reception where again we were told that was unacceptable. Eventually a (presumably competent) other member of staff asked the colleague to search by our address, I was again told that I had no reservation as the other person of the same name had a different address - shockingly! Eventually, she ran through to reservations who informed that there was indeed a booking for me and that she just hadn't found it as she spelt my name incorrectly.

I was then told I should have an apostrophe in my name when I book into their hotel and they would be able to find my booking then. Given that I was never once asked how to spell my name, I consider it a disgrace. It took 25 minutes from arrival until we checked into our room and we were then unable to eat lunch before the spa treatment. We did not even get an apology for the time it took or the inconvenience or terrible treatment.

We paid our bill that evening as we did not want further problems but once again there were more problems on checkout the following morning. The man we dealt with was nicer and more apologetic for the string of problems with reception staff; but it was still terrible and again the mention of incorrect spelling as I don't use an apostrophe was raised.

I had stayed here before and had recommended it to my friend for a spa break - I was then left mortified and embarrassed. I think it is a disgrace to treat customers like that and I will certainly never stay there again nor recommend it to anyone. I spend an awful lot of time in hotels for work and pleasure and I have never been treated so badly by anyone on reception before.

If you like being treated abysmally, then go ahead and book; but if you like being treated with any sort of respect or dignity - avoid like the plague.

On a positive note - I would highly recommend both the spa and the La Provence restaurant - just do not stay in the hotel or deal with the reception staff. The staff in the rest of the hotel are lovely.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank FiFiLaSparkle
Reviewed 29 December 2013

It was a significant wedding anniversary , we had a long drive on a cold December evening and the plan was to snuggle in and relax. The bedroom , a Tower room , was cold when we arrived and despite turning up the temperature, never attained a comfortable degree of heat.
There was no television or internet signal, so our plans for a cosy night in quickly evaporated and we took ourselves out of the hotel to eat.
My husband woke in the night feeling cold and, as there was no extra bedding to be found, we had to double over the duvet and huddle in the centre of the ( admittedly big) bed.
Breakfast next morning was served in a dark dining room, artificially lit, with a disconcerting disco like decor which was absolutely devoid of cheer .
Christmas songs on the sound system in the aftermath of Christmas added to the general air of gloom.
I did complain to the receptionist next morning and while she was perfectly polite, I got no redress and was too tired and miserable to pursue the matter further.
I have posted several reviews ( 2Caseys) on Tripadvisor over the past ten years , this is my first time writing a negative review .

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple