Sheraton Athlone
Arch House B&B & Apartments(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$105
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$164
US$227
US$210
Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$97
Hotels.com
The Prince of Wales Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
Athlone Springs Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$140
US$93
US$90
2,077 results
All reviewsshopping centreharvest cafetower roomsla provence restaurantdeluxe roomfloor to ceiling windowslovely hotelhotel barcentral locationleisure facilitiestop classbar foodstayed here for two nightslovely roomwould highly recommend this hotelspa treatmentslast weekend
Reviewed 21 February 2014

stayed here valentines weekend and i could not fault the hotel. excellent food, service, rooms, staff, facilities, stay here and you wont be disappointed :) our meal on the friday was 5 star quality, the service was quick and efficient, the breakfast the next morning was tasty and the staff we always around to help, the reception staff were friendly and efficient, the room in the tower was unreal, full view of athlone. something like out of a film, room was fab in itself with memory foam mattress, big en suite with a shower and bath, sizable room overall. couldnt fault the hotel at all, was so impressed!

Room Tip: ask for a room in the tower. floor to ceiling glass windows, exceptional view.
1  Thank karenk0284
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear “Karenk0248”,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a lovely review of your time with us and I am delighted to read that you felt that the meal in our La Provence Restaurant was 5 star. I was delighted to share this feedback with Juraj, Kevin, and the teams in the Kitchen and La Provence.

Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are specially designed to promote blood flow and minimize restlessness during sleep and have been a source of wonderful feedback from our guests. I am delighted to read that you enjoy this aspect of your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone very soon and wish you the very best in the meantime.

Yours Sincerely,

Johnny O’Sullivan,
General Manager,
Sheraton Athlone Hotel

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I am very impressed with the excellent customer service at this hotel. Everyone from Reception especially Deidre who helped me with a City Link booking by paying with her credit card so, I would have a seat on the bus to Dublin Airport. So, I would not have two credit card charges regarding currency exchange, and I gave her the Euros for the transportation. Also, Paulina originally from Poland who works in Reception brought me some nice Polish tea to help me with congestion. Also, I must not forget Ann Marie in Reservations who contacted a Ireland tourism office before I arrived, and the Revenue Manager who made sure that everything ran smoothly at my hotel stay.
The hotel is five years old, and has excellent toilets which flush the first time. Guests are given a discount card to use at the Athlone TownCenter under the hotel, and if you present your room key at the castle you can get a discount.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear “Globetrotter10079”,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and I am delighted to read that you found our team to be so welcoming and to have exceeded your expectations during your stay with us.

We are very fortunate to be located in the same development as The Athlone Towncentre Shopping Centre who host an array of national and international retailers. It is great to know that you enjoyed this aspect of our offering and I am delighted that you enjoyed the exclusive Platinum Discount Card which is available to guests of The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

It was a great pleasure to share your feedback with Paulina, Deirdre, Anne Marie, Berlyn and the entire team. Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Yours Sincerely,
Johnny O’Sullivan,
General Manager,
Sheraton Athlone Hotel

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here on our first night during our most recent Ireland trip - and a few days later on our way back to Dublin. Overall, great SPG recognition with an excellent and friendly staff. Thanks especially to Natasha. First time, due to platinum status, we were upgraded to an eighth-floor corner room in the towers. On the return, upgraded to an even nicer room with sweeping ceiling-to-floor windows on the ninth floor in the towers. The tower rooms are very quiet, spacious, nicely furnished and decorated. But it is a little bit of a maze and an elevator change to get there from the lobby. We did copy the hotel instructions on driving directions from the Dublin airport, as our GPS did not list the hotel by name nor address. When walking near the castle area in Athlone, we overhead a car stop across the street and ask pedestrians where the Sheraton was - so make sure you GPS has the hotel location, or your have good directions or a map. The hotel parking is in the lot under the hotel (and adjacent shopping mall). It is very easy to get to. There is only minimal space in front of the hotel/lobby to park when checking in, so if it is full, one option is to just drive into the parking lot, very close to the lobby entrance - on the right side if looking towards the hotel, clearly marked with a Sheraton Parking sign. Get your parking ticket upon entrance, drive to the special Sheraton parking area on the same level, push the contact button and tell them you are a guest. Park your car and then go through the clearly marked back entrance and up the elevator to the lobby. The club lounge is very nicely done, but has minimal offerings. Happy hours are slices of meat, cheese and bread - sodas, chips and cookies rest of the time. They had an SPG cocktail reception on Sunday night (wine and cheese) - which I think is a very nice gesture on the management's part - even though there was very minimal attendance (me) that night. I have a feeling that they normally do not have a high number of elite SPG guests - yet! On both stays, the hotel staff was very busy (Rugby tournament one night - several large groups/meetings the other), yet we never felt ignored nor rushed. Buffet breakfast was average for Ireland hotels of this caliber. Bathrooms in the tower rooms were large, spacious and I appreciate the separate walk-in shower! Wifi in the room was a bit "spotty" the first time, but quite satisfactory in the second room. A minor negative point for me, but a very important point for my wife is in regard to all of the recessed ceiling lights. In the fist room (468) there was minimal light present over the bathroom sink. In room 473, the bulb directly over the sink had been replaced with a lower wattage one than the others, so it was even worse. However, all in all, a very pleasant surprise and I would certainly recommend the Sheraton Athlone to anyone (SPG member or not) needing an overnight stay (or longer) anywhere in this area.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are spacious and great views
1  Thank JackR46
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here for two nights B&B after winning a magazine competition and was not dissapointed. Had a deep muscle massage which was amazing and ate in the restaurant on one night, set menu was really good value. Was upgraded complimentary to a 8th floor tower room which was perfect to look out at Athlone town. No problem from start to finish, parking ticket valeted on checking out and this hotel is bang in the middle of the town!

Room Tip: Tower room all the way!
1  Thank snakedoctor85
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

What can I say, booked well in advance got the room I wanted the purple penthouse on the 11th floor amazing the room is huge if you want that wow factor for your partner this is the room my wife knew nothing about the room is booked and thought we were staying in a similar room to our last stay but OMG WOW WOW WOW, she loved it see pic posted

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple