“great hotel”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
roscommon
“great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

stayed overnight. great service, great staff, friendly and efficient. food in bar was lovely and band playing also. lively atmosphere. the rooms were fabulous. can't fault this hotel. its a luxurious hotel without the high price tag

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Many thanks for looking after us on our visit to the Sheraton Athlone on Sat last..

We were pampered for the entire afternoon by Taffa..his friendly professional attention to detail is to be commended. His special talented interpersonal skills are to be treasured as an employer..The icing on the cake was our dessert treat of six chocolate covered ripe strawberries, one each...yum..Ciara, also ensured we were well looked after for the afternoon, always checking in with us to see if we required anything.

We spent the afternoon on our favourite seat in the lounge enjoying delicious lunch washed down with even more delicious vino..I'm sure you're other guests were wondering what we were eating and drinking....from the corner of the lounge our laughs and chat turned a few heads in our direction..

The rooms were lovely....spotlessly clean, spacious with very comfortable beds..

Breakfast was delicious and the restaurant staff were exceptionally friendly, offering a very high standard of customer service....The continuous top up of hot tea and coffee was greatly appreciated, as often in hotel restaurants the tea would go cold quickly when left on the table.. this gesture demonstrates how the Sheraton Athlone goes the extra mile..

All six of us unanimously agree the Sheraton Hotel Athlone offers a superior customer service which makes it stand out from its competitors.. The management and staff are the people who make this happen.. Their eye is always on the guest ensuring they receive top class customer service.

We will continue to visit every six months and will highly recommend the Sheraton to our families and friends..

Once again,many thanks for all you do to ensure we enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: triple room 357 very spacious..
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights last week. Good modern hotel with all the facilities one would expect from the Sheraton name. We were on the 7th floor overlooking the Shannon ( & the roof of the shopping centre) but room was excellent with large bathroom, well appointed. Staff were friendly & helpful & Jamie in the Leisure area was particularly impressive. The bar food menu seemed good value & there was no shortage of customers for the fare provided. There was a wide selection for breakfast, both hot & cold & the area was clean & well kept. We stayed in a room with a King size bed & one small criticism would be that the pillows were very small for the size of the bed. Overall we had a most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I recently took a group of 25 people who had disabilities for an overnight stay. Genuinely there was nothing that I could really complain about. The reservation staff that I booked with were very helpful and efficient. The girls on reception were welcoming and light hearted and again were very helpful.

The rooms were fab, beds very comfy and the bathrooms were so spacious with both a bath and walk in shower. They def had that certain bit of luxury about them.

I took some of our group down to the leisure centre also where we were greeted by an incredibly nice and helpful girl, she really couldn't do enough for us. Unfortunately I forgot to get her name.

We did the wine tasting that was complimentary with the hotel, we also had some delicious cheese and crackers which was a nice treat.

I think the hightlight for the group was the food. Over evening meal was of exceptional quality. As I am a vegetarian I didnt fancy what was on the menu and they came back to me with 5 different options to choose from "that never happens"!! And yes my meal was gorgeous.
We then had a lovely night in the bar where we were well looked after by the manager of the bar.

The local guy who played music was absolutely fantastic and really made the night for the group.

Breakfast was incredible, so much variety and quality.

Its really handy that you can go directly from the hotel into the shopping centre by lift.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear “leisure t”,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay with us and it was our great pleasure to take care of yourself and your fellow travelers during your time with us.

I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team, and will pass on your compliments to Anna, Orla and Eirike in our Sheraton Fitness Club, and we should have the right person covered!

Our award winning Executive Chef, Kevin Ward, and his team, along with Juraj and the team in La Provence Restaurant have been receiving some wonderful comments and I was delighted to share your feedback with them.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and providing a review of your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone very soon.

Sheraton Athlone Hotel
Galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We decided to try a night away not too far from home (for the babysitter's sake). I've often been to Athlone and never realised the hotel would be this nice. We stayed in the penthouse. The hotel room was bright, clean and airy, and felt like it was recently done. There was no noise from outdoors either. It was a bit of a walk from the lift so I was glad we didn't have much luggage, and we had to take 2 lifts to get to our room. Breakfast was great with a wide variety. The hotel is ideally situated, you don't even have to go outside to get to the shopping centre and we walked to a nearby restaurant that evening. I would like to return and spend a little bit longer next time.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear “Gallim”,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to provide such a wonderful review of your experience with us. On behalf of myself and the team I would like to express our sincere gratitude for your kind words.

Our deluxe bedrooms and Sheraton Suites are a wonderful aspect to the our offering and it is great to read that you enjoyed this part of your stay so much. The peace and quiet provided by a small number of rooms on each floor combined with being separate from the main hotel is a source of regular delight for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone very soon and thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

General Manager.
Western Ireland, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for a hen night last night. It was great. Staff very nice and attentive. We didn't get to use the spa but overall the hotel and the deal we had was really good. Great night out in Athlone too including the night club! Really good buzz around and a great spot. Just 2 things.. We could have done with spare blankets in the room and the buffet breakfast wasn't great for coeliacs. Bacon was sitting on bread etc! G/f toast available but not a great sense of gluten free breakfast! Would go back though.

Stayed April 2014
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear “Jackie123744”,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review following your time with us and for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you found the team to be attentive and friendly. We are very fortunate to have a team who pride themselves on consistently exceeding our guest’s expectations you are very kind to recognise this.

We have a comprehensive training programme in place in relation to the dietary requirements of our guests and I would like to offer my sincerest apologies that you did find a quality Gluten Free breakfast offering to be available in our La Provence Restaurant.

With a member of my own family being a coeliac I am very aware of how important it is to provide a quality gluten free offering in our outlets. A freshly prepared plated gluten free breakfast is readily available and I am sorry that this was not communicated to you.

Thank you for bringing this area for improvement to my attention and I will be carrying out refresh training in conjunction with our kitchen and restaurant management team this weekend.

I am delighted to read that this would not deter you from returning and we look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone very soon.

Sheraton Athlone Hotel.
Derby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

My husband and I went in to this hotel for a drink while staying in Athlone. I asked for tea and scones with jam/cream. Cream !!!!. The guy hesitated for a while before agreeing to give me cream, reluctantly. I got my scone with 1 scabby square of jam before having to wait for 15 minutes for my tea and the cream. The girl also commented saying that she had to search for cream ?????. The menu had lots of dishes that used cream so what was the big deal !!!!. The scone wasn't even that nice. Needless to say I will not be returning to this hotel to eat or stay in.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aishling G
Dear “Aishling G”,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

I would like to apologise most sincerely about the service offered to you during your time in our Sheraton Bar. This was unacceptable and completely against the standards which we have set for ourselves.

I would be most appreciative of the opportunity to discuss your feedback with your further and to apologise in person if you would be kind enough to contact me on 0906451000 or by email at generalmanager@sheratonathlonehotel.com.

I have reviewed your feedback with the team and we have agreed the implementation of clear standards in relation to our scone service as well as setting a schedule of customer care training in order to ensure that this does not occur again.

Thank you for highlighting this issue to us so that we can improve our service and once again my sincere apologies for your experience.

Sheraton Athlone Hotel.