“Wedding at the Sheraton”
Review of Sheraton Athlone

Sheraton Athlone
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My Brother had his wedding reception in the Sheraton Athlone Hotel on Saturday last 28/06/2014, I have to highly recommend this hotel, the service on the day was top class, with 300 guests at the wedding, I'm sure its not an easy task for any hotel to cater for, however this did not seem like a problem for the Sheraton Athlone, my family received a huge amount of compliments from guests on the day regarding both the food and venue itself(the room looked amazing). Speaking with my brother after the wedding, he said that the hotel was a pleasure to deal with ever since they decided to chose the Sheraton Athlone as their wedding venue, the wedding planner Gavin was extremely helpful and was always available to offer advice and support with planning their big day! In my brothers words ,both himself and his wife were treated like royalty. I would highly recommend the Sheraton Athlone for a Wedding Venue or any other function.

Room Tip: The Bridal Suite was Amazing, the views are unreal.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank summertime87
Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great Hotel in general! Lovely food, great location and fantastic interior. Athlone itself is a lovely town however there isn't much to do there so I don't think it would be at the top of the family getaway list more of a quite relaxing weekend hotel.

Room Tip: Go up a few floors apparently the view gets better!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for my birthday with my boyfriend, we stayed 3 nights and I was so sad to have to leave. It was without a doubt the nicest hotel I have ever stayed it. The room was amazing, the bed was so big and comfy. The bathroom was a treat to use, big, spacious and so clean. The room was cleaned every day for us. The staff were so nice and helpful. There was a lift to the shopping centre where you could shop till you dropped. Lots of great shops to buy lots of nice things. Athlone itself is a lovely town and the hotel is within walking distance. I would highly recommend a relaxing few days away here, you won't regret it! I can't wait to return :)

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Went here in May for a weekend . Hotel and pool was clean and staff were friendly. Very disappointed with the food- breakfast was plentiful and nice but found we had to wait a long time for tea/coffee and toast. Our teapot even arrived without a tea bag in it- which the staff found very amusing(as did we), however it wasn't very professional. Lunch was awful- tasteless and overpriced. We went with another couple and they also found their lunch disappointing. We decided not to have dinner at the hotel.

Checkout was fast, however I was told I had a bar bill of 80euro which I certainly did not have. We did drink until late in the bar but nothing was put on the room. When I queried this bill it was forgotten about straight away. V odd.

I probably wouldn't return as I didn't find athlone too amazing but it would be perfect for a hen/stag hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my wife just for one night but I wished I stayed longer. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed. Very clean big rooms, big and comfy bed and the view form the room was something else. I think they have the most friendly and helpful staff I have ever seen. 10 out of 10 well done all and thank you.....

Room Tip: Stay in the TOWER for the view.....
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear “Ramtheman”,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a positive review of your experience here at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team at this week’s review of guest feedback.

We are very proud to be described as the best hotel at which you have stayed and I look forward to welcoming you back personally to thank you for the feedback. Would you be kind enough to ask for me at check in or send me a mail on generalmanager@sheratonathlonehotel.com so that I can update your details with a note to greet you arrival.

Once again our sincerest thanks for your review and for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Recently stayed at hotel and ate in the bar on thursday evening ordered a medium rare steak and it was cooked to perfection, went back to eat on friday and ordered the mexicano which was lovely really liked the presentation with the wrap and the guacamole on the plate. Bar staff were very friendly and accommodating will return again soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Patrick,

On behalf of the team here, and in particular David and the team in The Sheraton Bar and Michael and the team in the kitchen, I would like thank you for your wonderful review.

We have placed a great emphasis on product quality and consistency and I am delighted to read that you found it to be of such a high standard.

Michael and his colleagues in the kitchen have excelled at identifying unique, tasty and wholesome meals such as The Mexicano which are hugely popular with our customers and I am certain he will be genuinely delighted with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back into The Sheraton Bar very soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I´m always travelling around Ireland and England and I have to sey tha this hotel is the best hotel I have ever stayed. The room was perfect, big, clean, the bathroom great, and the restaurant was also very nice, and all with a very small budget!!
I will try to come back in the future!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NachoBroch

Dear “Nachobroch”,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel. I do hope that you have the opportunity to return to stay with us in the future

We were delighted to read that you found our hotel to be the best in which you have stayed, and in particular that you found your room to be immaculate. Anne Marie and her team in our Accommodation Department place a great emphasis on the quality and cleanliness of our rooms and public areas and your compliments are greatly appreciated.

It is great to know that you found our packages to offer excellent value.

Thank you once again for your review.