“Wedding”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Cork, Ireland
“Wedding”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Just wanted to write a review on this even though didnt stay at there overnight but attended a family wedding there yesterday and I just wanted to say what a fantastic day we had there. Everything was so nice about hotel. Think its the best place I have been to for a wedding. The food at the reception was just fantastic, the staff were just so nice and friendly and helpful, the two guys in the gym who I spoke to regarding an enquiry about my sons training were so helpful and friendly. Nice to see such pleasant staff in such a big hotel. Well done all, couldnt fault this place.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank kazmwalsh
SheratonGeneralMgr, Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear “Kasmwalsh”,

I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic time at your family wedding. I have passed your comments onto our Chef and his team, the Banqueting team and the team in Sheraton Fitness. They were thrilled with your comments. We are working hard to become one of the best wedding venues in Ireland and it is wonderful to receive such positive feedback.

Please pass on our sincerest thanks to the Bride and Groom once again for choosing to host such an important occasion in their lives with us here at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

I do hope the next time you visit Athlone you will have the opportunity to stay over.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights for our anniversary. Booked the studio suite. Amazing views over Athlone. Really clean and spacious. Unfortunately the Jacuzzi didn't work, apparently they ere waiting for a part to arrive. Other then that great stay and the cocktails in the bar were really nice. Didn't eat in the bar, but only because we went out to other restaurants near by, 5 minute walk. Next time we stay will make sure to try the food in the hotel. Looked great from what i saw.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BMCD44
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I normally stay here when I travel to Athlone for work. It's in the good location: Close to the bus stop and next to the shopping center. It also has a nice swimming pool.
Sometime the check-in and check-out can be slow. They only have one person to take care of it even when there are many people waiting in the que.

In general, I prefer Sheraton Athlone than Radisson Athlone

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jian W
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here last weekend and I must say I am extremely impressed on a number of fronts. Where do I start? Well, let's start at check-in and a personal welcome from the hotel manager and director, Johnny O'Sullivan who I must say is a very impressive figure. Obviously I would never stay in a hotel without having first read the reviews posted on Tripadvisor and one of the things I always look out for is the responses by management to the reviews. I was impressed with this manager's responses and it was nice to have that sense confirmed when I met the man himself.

Check-In and Check-Out was very efficient and a very special mention of Sean and in particular Natasha who is a very impressive and customer focussed lady.

The hotel has a great Leisure Centre with a lovely Pool and Spa and a visit here is a must. The L'Escale restaurant (see separate review) is beautiful and everywhere you go in this hotel you will experience service of the highest quality. A fantastic team of engaged people dedicated to making your leisure time very special.

Rooms, especially in the tower are excellent, large and spotlessly clean. Hotel location is excellent and within easy walking distance of Main Street and many places of interest. If in Athlone, this hotel is a must stay.

Room Tip: Tower Rooms are lovely
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PaulNimmo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I am from the U.S. and I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions. Both were positive experiences. During my most recent stay, I fell ill and the hotel went above and beyond to help me during the difficult time. They called an ambulance, stayed with me until the ambulance came, they were very helpful to the other travelers in my party by making sure they had everything that they need and when I returned from the hospital, the manager called my room to see if I was okay, offer me complimentary lunch, offer to help with my luggage when ready to check out etc. When I checked out of the hotel the receptionist said that the manager wanted to see me and once again he came out to check on me and make sure that I was okay.
I truly appreciated knowing that while in another country, the staff was there to help me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dayna Z
Dear Dayna,

Many thanks for posting review. I was sorry to hear you were unwell during your visit here and I know the team here were genuinely interested in your welfare during your stay. I am glad to read that we were able to offer some comfort to you and your party whilst you were here. I do hope you will be able to return to our hotel soon and enjoy your stay to the fullest.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here overnight with my 4 year old daughter. The room was excellent, it even had a choice of children's tv stations for her age group. We had a meal in the restaurant which was super. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ciaran C
Ballaghaderreen, Ireland
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as my wife was on a course in the hotel. Check in was quick and and the reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. No problems with giving us a late check out the next day. The room was fabulous although the view was not the best. A full glass wall looking out to apartments on either side. Beds are big and comfortable. I would have liked the mini bar to have been stocked but it wasn't. Again only a small flaw in what was a very enjoyable stay. We ate in the bar for lunch and the chowder was very nice. Hot and full of flavour. The staff were very attentive and pleasant. Breakfast the next morning was fresh and there was a very good variety. So many hotels get this so so wrong but this is one of the better hotel breakfasts we have had. Our waitress Laura was excellent. The bar is a nice relaxing place for a coffee if you have a free half an hour.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear “Patrick S”,

I am delighted to read you and your wife enjoyed your stay at our hotel and in particular your very kind comments regarding our breakfast offering. This is an area we have been focusing on to ensure we are providing the right amount of variety and the freshest of ingredients to our guests. The team were delighted to read that our efforts have been successful. I have passed on your comments to Laura, an excellent member of the team, who was delighted with your feedback.

Patrick I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you and your wife back to the hotel in the near future.