“Location location location”
Review of Sheraton Athlone

Sheraton Athlone
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed for four nights with my two granddaughters this hotel was in an excellent location to explore the region along the Shannon and in a great location for exploring the Town of Athlone, The staff could not be more helpful and very courteous the rooms were clean and modern and a good size for the four of us. Don't pass this hotel if you wish to stay in Athlone

Room Tip: Can think of a tip as our room w as excellent and some friends of ours also had a great room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank FMURTAGH
SheratonGeneralMgr, Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear “FMurtagh”,

I’m delighted to read you enjoyed your stay in Athlone. As you correctly mention there is much to see and do. I hope your granddaughters experienced Ireland’s largest water park which is minutes from the hotel. It opened this summer and is already one of Athlone’s top attractions.

All our team are knowledgeable about local activities so please do enquire with them on your next stay. They have great ideas for day trips for both old and young.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was at a wedding there recently and it was amazing from the moment we got there.The function room was bright and very well laid out.The staff were amazing particuraly Gavin who had organised everything.As for the food it was lovely with no problems getting extra if needed the waiting staff were both friendly and had a sense of humour.Would definitely highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Susan0688
SheratonGeneralMgr, Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Susan0688,

Thank you for the feedback regarding the wedding you attended recently. I’m delighted you enjoyed your time with us. I have passed on your feedback to the Banqueting team and in particular Gavin Maguire our Banqueting Manager. The team were delighted with your kind words. I am also delighted to read your feedback on our function room, the Hoey Suite, which provides quite the wow factor to our wedding guests.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel recently and really enjoyed it, Upon entering the hotel we were greeted by Natasha (Tash, Tasha, but always Natasha to her mum!!), and I must say she was superb in her attitude and welcoming.....a great start! I upgraded to a deluxe room in the tower as it was a birthday celebration and it was magnificent ....best sleep I had in ages...I want one of those beds!!...I had organised flowers to be delivered to hotel and they put them into the room for an added surprise!!
The food throughout the hotel was great especially the breakfast and the lunch in the harvest cafe that is connected to the hotel via the shopping centre was yummy!!
All in all a great hotel with superb staff!

Room Tip: Book a tower room for the great views...... Be hungry goin for breakfast !!
1  Thank Daz131169

Dear Daz,

Many thanks for your review and in particular your comments regarding Tasha who is a great asset to our team. Natasha was delighted when she received your feedback. Having been with us for almost 4 years Natasha exemplifies genuine, professional and friendly customer service and you are very kind to highlight this in your review.

I was delighted to read about the wonderful night’s sleep you had in our fabulous Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds which are renowned for their comfort and regularly highlighted as a source of delight in our customer feedback.

Thanks for choosing to celebrate your birthday with us and I hope you will visit soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

A wonderful hotel. The staff are all so welcoming and friendly - special mention must go to the gentleman who was handling the breakfast and seating people - he was excellent (20/7/14). The rooms are so luxurious and the bathrooms gorgeous with lovely toiletries and fluffy towels. The beds are so comfy and the pillows great. The breakfast was plentiful and there was a lovely selection of fruit and pastries and despite large crowds the service was excellent. We had a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We had a club room and it was lovely
3  Thank ArdMhacha
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Just wanted to write a review on this even though didnt stay at there overnight but attended a family wedding there yesterday and I just wanted to say what a fantastic day we had there. Everything was so nice about hotel. Think its the best place I have been to for a wedding. The food at the reception was just fantastic, the staff were just so nice and friendly and helpful, the two guys in the gym who I spoke to regarding an enquiry about my sons training were so helpful and friendly. Nice to see such pleasant staff in such a big hotel. Well done all, couldnt fault this place.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kazmwalsh

Dear “Kasmwalsh”,

I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic time at your family wedding. I have passed your comments onto our Chef and his team, the Banqueting team and the team in Sheraton Fitness. They were thrilled with your comments. We are working hard to become one of the best wedding venues in Ireland and it is wonderful to receive such positive feedback.

Please pass on our sincerest thanks to the Bride and Groom once again for choosing to host such an important occasion in their lives with us here at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

I do hope the next time you visit Athlone you will have the opportunity to stay over.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights for our anniversary. Booked the studio suite. Amazing views over Athlone. Really clean and spacious. Unfortunately the Jacuzzi didn't work, apparently they ere waiting for a part to arrive. Other then that great stay and the cocktails in the bar were really nice. Didn't eat in the bar, but only because we went out to other restaurants near by, 5 minute walk. Next time we stay will make sure to try the food in the hotel. Looked great from what i saw.

1  Thank BMCD44
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I normally stay here when I travel to Athlone for work. It's in the good location: Close to the bus stop and next to the shopping center. It also has a nice swimming pool.
Sometime the check-in and check-out can be slow. They only have one person to take care of it even when there are many people waiting in the que.

In general, I prefer Sheraton Athlone than Radisson Athlone