“amazing amazing spa”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Dublin, Ireland
“amazing amazing spa”
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I stayed in the hotel for a weekend in feb ths year and myself and my partner had treatments in the beautiful spa i was immediatly put to ease when i entered the spa where the girls at the desk were lovely and friendly . I was then brought through the changing rooms and left to relax in a heated room to relax my bones before my treatment that room is heaven i could have easily fell asleep if left for long enough. i was then collected by my therapist Sinead and taken to my treatment room what an amazing girl so professional from explaining my treatment procedure what would happen etc, i had an elemis facial a visible brilliance i think but her massage alone was so deep along my shoulders i could feel my stress melting away and then the head massage this girl has healing hands im definitly going back again just for that girl, my partner also loved his massage. then we went to a relxation room with fresh fruit and water we fell asleep for a while i was dreamy. A wonderful experience all round were already planning our next trip so check it out yummy food amazing spa and beautiful rooms.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank williamsonoffaly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Connaught
Reviewed 16 March 2009

I stayed at the Sheraton to catch up with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. The hotel is quite modern and spotlessly clean but I felt that it lacked personality. The room was modern and furnished to a high standard, beds were very comfortable. We ate at the restaurant and found the food to be of a high standard, however we apperard to be the only customers on that evening and the waitress was a constant presence. This constant presence did not add to the enjoyment of our experience, in fact it made us feel decidedly uncomfortable to have somebody standing close to our table, apparently observing every bite of our meal! The bar is small but adequate but the seats, while visually very pleasing are decidedly uncomfortable! They don't encourage you to stay for long!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Walsall
Reviewed 14 March 2009

A modern hotel, open barely a year on top of the economic boom that has now mostly evaporated away. The hotel stands above a modern shopping centre ( my wife did enjoy having an M&S within 3 minutes of our room!! ), but that does not really intrude. Excellent parking facilities are free to hotel guests, the reserved Sheraton section is very handy, but negociating the car park for the first time does need great concentration, especially the slalom up to the second barrier giving access to the Sheraton area - try not to check in at busy shopping times if possible. Once you know where you are going it's fine.
The hotel is functional and seems to be generating alot of conference and wedding business, that will be its saviour I would think over the next couple of years, because it's not ideally suited as a holiday centre in itself, but it does make an excellent base for getting to Galway, Westport, The Burren and Sligo; all about one and a half to two hours away. The M6 motorway will soon be completed to Galway which will make travel even easier to the west coast, Dublin to Athlone is all motorway already, taking less than an hour and a half.
The rooms are comfortable,new flat screen t.v's, nice shower and bath and Starwoods heavenly beds ( take a firmer pillow though if you need neck support, even three of their pillows were inadequate ). Dinner was good without being brilliant, about 90 euros for three courses with wine for two, potential is there though; however the restaurant was rarely busy except on St. valentines night when it was bursting!! Try the bar menu, it was super quality and value, the fish chowder starter is excellent together with the fish of the day as a main. It's a nice atmosphere especially when there is an Irish rugby match on the screens.
I hope it gets through the economic downturn unscathed as the staff were very friendly and keen to please, my wife and I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bobwood
Rathfarnham
Reviewed 13 March 2009

great location great staff well above average standard

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
barca
Reviewed 9 March 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights during Feb and had a great time.
The spa was fantastic, the staff were so friendly and very professional.
I must apologise to my fellow spa companions as i fell fast asleep in the relaxation room and snored my head off.
We didn´t eat in the restaurant but we did drink in the bar.
They had a great guitar player on Friday called Finbarr who had the bar rocking.
The Sheraton also has a great leisure centre which helped soothe our heads the following morning.
The hotel is attached to a shopping centre which spent a few euro in before we went home.
If I was to be critical about the hotel it would have to be the breakfast on Sunday morning the queue was out the door but we went down very late.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed 7 March 2009

I stayed here for one night. I was travelling alone and I wanted a central location in Athlone to do a spot of shopping the evening I arrived. The hotel is actually located unobtrusively in the shopping centre so it was perfect.
I found the staff on the reception desk on arrival to be great, but when I was leaving to be a little slow, but I was in a hurry, and they forgot to add on room service I had received but it was all sorted out in the end.
The Spa was the highlight of my trip here, the back massage I had was second to none and the Spa area was very relaxing, much more so than it's sister counterpart in Foto Island. The gym staff were very helpful and their equipment was top class The room in the Sheraton Athlone was also more spacious than in Foto Island.
My only fault would be the smell on the corridors on arrival, it seemed smelly on arrival but it wasn't there on day two.
I would definitely go back with a group of girls for a night out/shopping/spa treatment.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
midlands
Reviewed 6 March 2009

stayed in the sheraton recently to celebrate my birthday. found it to be an impressive and relatively new hotel (as evidenced by the plush carpeting when you first enter the lobby). would def stay here again, it had everything needed for a relaxing wend away... comfortable and spacious bedrooms( with spotless bathroom and essential soft fluffy towels!!) leisure facilities, spa treatments and wifi avail, fab wine and cocktail list avail in bar. lovely restaurant with efficient and prompt staff.i would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. a relaxed break with helpful and courteous staff who look after you so very well.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple