“Great takeaway!”

Ranked #38 of 104 Restaurants in Athlone
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Great takeaway experience! I have tried many Chinese restaurants in Athlone area and this one has come out on top. Food tastes fresh and nicely seasoned. Delivery was prompt and efficient. I will definitely dine in the restaurant soon.

2  Thank Thesmirl
There are newer reviews for Jia Jia Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Not much to look at from the outside but the interior was very nice, the best Chinese styled restaurant I have been in within Westmeath. It added to the atmosphere and was very cosy. The staff/owner were very friendly and did not rush us for our order as I took a while as I was spoilt for choice! We had starters, the ribs were meaty as oppoed to fatty, the sauce was ok (BBQ) so overall not too bad but I'd try them in a different sauce next time. My partners started was much nicer; sweet chilli chicken (but beware if you don't like spices).

The main was served well and kept warm on the table by candle trays. I ordered chicken in pineapple sauce, the meat was very nice, cooked perfectly and flavoursome but I wouldn't pick the sauce again as it was too sweet. My partner's satay beef was 'to die for' I'll be ordering it next time I visit.

The prawn crackers served at the start were the best I have ever had. Cola was served in cans which I didn't mind and it wasn't overcharged for. All in all a good restaurant which was reasonably priced, we will visit again in the next month or so.

2  Thank DancingAtDawn
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Had a meal here last night with my wife, large portions, food great and hot, staff very good and prices also good.Nice surroundings inside and plenty parking outside.
Will return.

2  Thank SDH1984
Reviewed 9 October 2012

for a take away its nice i havent had a bad experience yet if you like your chinese this is a nice place to eat at or for take way.

2  Thank denvergirl911
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I used to eat here alot as I lived close by, the food was ok for a long time, when you factor in the prices and time. But I stopped eating here as I got food poisoning one night from the take away and haven't eating there since, maybe it was a one off but for I wont be back ever again

1  Thank Gordon_Ramsey_1