“Nice”
Review of Element's Bistro

Element's Bistro
Ranked #56 of 104 Restaurants in Athlone
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Overlooking the River Shannon, the Radisson Blu Hotel in historic Athlone has spectacular views across the marina to the castle and cathedral beyond. Inside, diners can enjoy local and internationally influenced cuisine at Element's Bistro, a welcoming, brasserie-style restaurant with bright glass panels, bamboo screens and a stunning octagonal open fireplace. In this relaxed and atmospheric environment, you will find a fresh and easy approach to the menu, with contemporary cooking at its finest. An exciting range of options to amply prepare every diner for a day's business or leisure accompanies the Radisson Blu Super Breakfast Buffet. Cold and warm buffets of the finest meats and cheeses, a selection of fruit juices, fresh fruits and water, and the most aromatic of coffees and teas are all accompanied by homemade pastries and Irish breads.
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Myself and hubby were staying a few nights in the hotel and it included a meal. Set menu, we ordered soup and feta salad starters and fish for main. The starters were nice, but main course fish portion very very small, accompanied by potatoes, nice, but very crunchy slightly undercooked veg. We enjoyed desserts of cheesecake and crumble, nothing too exciting just ok. As it was included in the price it was ok, but I wouldn't be going there again as have had better elsewhere. Waitress very friendly.

There are newer reviews for Element's Bistro

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Nice relaxing atmosphere and food is really nice. On,y had one meal but also had breakfast which had plenty of choice!!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stopped by for a business lunch as we wanted to take advantage of the beautiful weather. The terrace itself is fantastic with a view of the river and the old town but the service and food was not up to scratch. Order took 45 minutes to come and when it did the fair was very average. The Open sandwich which sounded fantastic advertised as Smoked Salmon, Prawns and Crab meat was actually more accurately described as three bits of brown bread with a dollop on prawns and a bit of salmon and maybe the slightest bit of crab dna in a rose marie sauce... In their defense it was hot and busy but I think I would expect more from a hotel chain that I am a fan of accommodation wise.. I will be back to use the terrace but maybe just for drinks...

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

We were not expecting much with the value menu which included 4 course and bottle of wine for €59 but every course was fantastic. i had the goats cheese starter and wild mushroom risotto both were to die for. I have order many mushroom risotto in the past and by far this was the best I have Ever eaten.The staff were so friendly and helpful and I would defentely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

I heard that Elements revamped their menu and opened the door for the public, not just hotel guests.
So off we went there :)
I like game meat even if I can't enjoy it very often- medium rare venison steak I had there last week was really nice.
Served with sweet potatoes and chocolate sauce.
We went there early so that was only one waitress, but the place became busy in one hour so she had to call for reinforcements.
The only mistake I noticed was rock hard butter served with bread(she forgot to take it out from the fridge when she opened the restaurant, I suppose).
Good advice about wine even when we already made a choice.
Cosy atmosphere, warm welcome.