“Excellent!”

Kin Khao Thai Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Thai cuisine, local style. That's local Thai not dumbed down Western style. Our great food, service and local beers and wines are waiting for you. Looking forward to seeing you.
Clare
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This restaurant is a gem! We found it difficult to find, however, it was worth all of the effort. Friendly, humourous, helpful and experiences staff who go out of their way to ensure that you have an enjoyable experience. The food is gorgeous - the palate is very satisfied. We went for the express lunch at €9.95. This includes a starter and main course. We were too full to have dessert! Good premium Thai beer and a very nice glass of red house wine was served very rapidly to our table with smiles.
Not to be missed! Will definately return.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Marie M

“gorgeous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

The best Thai food ever! Lovely restaurant and great for takeaway, definatly worth a visit if your in Athlone

Visited April 2014
1 Thank nmg33
Newbridge, Ireland
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Dining alone I was delighted with my meal in Kin Khao. I chose the special duck curry which at €22 was on the pricey side but rewarded with its flavours and freshness. This was complimented by one of my favourite beers, Helvick Gold from Dungarvan Brewing. It was great to see a wide selection of beers on offer alongside a good wine list. I will be back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Luv2GetAway65
Ireland
“Really really enjoyed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

What a fabulous restaurant. Food is absolutely delicious (my mouth waters as I write this post!). Service excellent, staff very helpful and helpful with orders as they know the menu. Great atmosphere. Very good value too.

Not only us, but every person in the restaurant seemed to enjoy their evening - overheard many compliments.

They do takeaway too .. wish I lived closer to Athlone!

Thank you to all the team - I look forward to visiting again.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank PlanesTrainsAutos09
“Best restaurant in Athlone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Although we live here, this was our first visit. Fantastic! Really friendly staff, great service, impeccable timing. Everything on the menu sounded so good we had trouble choosing, so we went with the recommendations of a really friendly and helpful waitress. She asked us our general food preferences and then recommended a shared starter plate and two mains. Everything was excellent. I have never liked satay chicken, but the satay sauce here bore no resemblance to the watery peanut butter sauce you get elsewhere. I am a convert.
Given the taste, quality and portion size of the food it is also excellent value. Our only (minor) quibble was that the wine list is very short. Nonetheless the two glasses of white we had complemented the food well and were reasonable priced. We overlooked the beers and ciders and would probably have chosen one of those instead of wine had we been paying more attention.
We will definitely return. Whether you live locally, are visiting, or are passing on the M6 and are hungry, we can't recommend Kin Khao highly enough.

Visited May 2014