“Excellent food and service”

Kin Khao Thai Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 108 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Thai cuisine, local style. That's local Thai not dumbed down Western style. Our great food, service and local beers and wines are waiting for you. Looking forward to seeing you.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The food here is really good. The portion sizes are just right and the prices are very reasonable. The waiter was very friendly and welcoming. We've been here a couple of times, and would definitely visit again given the opportunity. It would be my first choice for a meal if we were staying in Athlone.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We went here based on the reviews it received on trip advisor. I had the pork belly ribs for starter and there were very bland and full of soft soggy fat. Very little meat. My wife had the chicken satay and while the satay sauce was very nice the chicken was very dry. For mains I had the duck in chilli oil and it was very tasty. Very big portion and really enjoyable. My wife went for the Thai green curry and unlike the starter the chicken was succulent and the curry was fabulous. For dessert we has the sticky rice and it again was very good. The wine was excellent as was the staff and service. We weren't expecting a whole pile after the starter but the mains and desserts made up for there shortcomings. We will definitely return if we are in Athlone again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Athlone is not even a city, yet Kin Khao rivals any excellent Thai restaurants in Dublin. Trying the fresh spring rolls is a necessity. Superb food. Tip: portions larger for take-out.

1  Thank Oravad
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Was here with my wife at the weekend and can only say I was extremely impressed. The waiters were extremely friendly and helpful. Having asked their advice I was not disappointed with their recommendation. The food took me back to a holiday in Thailand, Very authentic. The price was very reasonable and the quality was top notch. I will definitely be back.

1  Thank Conor D
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Having just been to Thai Land recently my Irish family were very keen for me to try Kin Khao out and I have yo say I wasn't disappointed.
I like my Thai food spicy and my prawn green curry certainly delivered. I can see why the restaurant is so highly rated.......it was packed solid the night we were in ,therefore there was a bit of a wait but well worth, really enjoyed it.

1  Thank LadyAvalon18