“Delicious”

Kin Khao Thai Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 108 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Description: Thai cuisine, local style. That's local Thai not dumbed down Western style. Our great food, service and local beers and wines are waiting for you. Looking forward to seeing you.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Everything on the menu sounded lovely and did not disappoint!! we shared the starter for two dish, filled with different nibbles. The beef dish that i had was beautifully presented and tasted exceptional. No room for desert but we will be back! great wine menu on offer too and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had a fantastic evening here. I had heard about the place several times but never made it there.

The place is just slightly off the beaten track but it's all yellow exterior makes it unmissable.

From the moment we arrived, the staff were friendly and humourous. The place is well maintained but simply decorated.

And then there is the food....wonderful, yummy, delicious food. We all had different dishes and I would have happily eaten any of them...or all of them. Really flavoursome, good wholesome food.

It was not expensive but I never mind paying for good food.

I highly recommend a meal in Kin Khao.

KinKhao, Owner at Kin Khao Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2014

Hello Sir Cumference

I have been very slack in responding to summer time reviews. Thank you so much for coming to Kin Khao and for the review. Delighted you enjoyed and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Nice place to sit and chat
Clean
Welcomed by a smile at the door
Gluten free aware
Very tasty food, for grownups! There was no separate menu for children. When I asked for options for children the waittress was not very helpful. She looked at me like she had never been asked this questions before? They didn't offer child portions or even half portions!! I had to get an adult meal for them to share...this worked out very expensive and wasteful. I asked for a SUPER mild curry for the children but I myself even still found it to have a kick in it.
At 16 euro for a main course which did not include rice I found this to be overpriced however I would return as a treat again for the tasty food but without the kids!

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Very tasty food at a reasonable price: we've tried the menu and with 6 persons there is a nice selection of different tastes served. Try it, you'll like it.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The food here is really good. The portion sizes are just right and the prices are very reasonable. The waiter was very friendly and welcoming. We've been here a couple of times, and would definitely visit again given the opportunity. It would be my first choice for a meal if we were staying in Athlone.