“Crowded, No Live Music On Patio”
Review of Sean's Bar

Sean's Bar
Columbus, Ohio
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Crowded, No Live Music On Patio”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stopped by for a drink around 9 and it was too crowded to sit or stand inside so we went out to the patio. While it was pleasant out there - heaters, tables, chairs - the live music could only be hear inside so we missed out on that part of the experience, listening instead to pop music.

Visited May 2014

• Polish first
Ashton,MD
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Enjoyed it thoroughly”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were driving from Galway to Dublin and stopped for a break in Athlone. We walked into the oldest pub in Ireland at around 11:30 AM, sitting at the bar to break our no-Guinness-before-noon rule. The barman was a curmudgeon, but a great conversationalist. Gruff, but charming. Certainly - and thankfully - not politically correct. An excellent pour of Ireland's black gold in an interesting atmosphere. Well worth the stop.

Kildare Ireland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great Amtosphere, Good Guinness”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Natives friendly, Guinness the best. The bar staff made us feel at home. Nice area for a walk around the castle.

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not welcome ”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Went to Sean's bar with my family after a trip on the Shannon to see Ireland's oldest pub. I do have to say it is a very traditional irish pub with some nice artefacts .
After getting some drinks we got settled . We where laughing and joking and having a lovely family afternoon. My nine year old started to sing 'the barman approached us and asked us to be quiet ' we where not load as the music playing over the PA masked our volume .
I was a bit taken back but apologised ' this upset my children and ruined are day . We decided to leave but before we did I confronted this barman' I told him that he had upset my children and there was not need to tell us to be quiet , he told me that nobody in the pub wanted to hear my child sing , it was his pub and he could do what he wanted'
Lovely pub but not very nice staff.
Ceol agus crack and a Irish welcome is not welcome here, sad!!!

1 Thank Dex1000
sligo
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“drink quality poor, good atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

was there easter saturday night, would have loved if there was music in bar rather than outdoor sessions. smithwicks was flat/poor quality.
not as good as i expected...

1 Thank tomoko2012