“Restaurant ”

Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Restaurant ”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Hi every one :) just like to say this place is best place I know if u like try really nice food . It's something different , it's home made Lebanese food prepared by a Lebanese chef :) Every time we go there we comeback home satisfy and happy.

• Arabic first
Dublin, Ireland
“One of my favourite spots in Athlone”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The food here is excellent and full of flavour. Once upon a time I used to eat almost weekly on Edgware Rd. in London which is pretty much Little Beirut, and the food in Al Mezza is every bit as good as anything I got there. In terms of starters/appetisers the vine leaf rolls are a must, the arayes was bursting with flavour, and the hummus was great too (and I can usually take or leave hummus). I went for a kafta dish for main course (I think it was called kafta bil souneye, or something along those lines) and again it was just full of flavour. Their spiced potatoes on the side are great too. We got a Lebanese red wine, which was a first for me, and I really enjoyed it.

A visit here is always a treat, and the only negative I can possibly say is that it seems a bit on the pricey side, but maybe I have just been spoiled by all of the cheap Lebanese food in London!

• Visited February 2014
“Absolute gem, can't wait to come again!!!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Ate here last night & I only have compliments for the place. We arrived 30mins early for our table & they took us in no problem. Starters & mains were delish, didn't have room for dessert but the table next to us got a big slice of gooey chocolate cake- I was very tempted! The owner dealt with an extremely rude table next to us with poise & professionalism for a completely unjustified complaint (no pleasing everyone!). Next time we're in athlone, this place will be our first stop! 3 starters, 2 mains & a bottle of wine - €57! Excellent value for money too.

ireland
“My favourite in Athlone”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Al Mezza in Bastion street is my favourite Athlone restaurant. Set next to my favourite Athlone shop...the Bastion Gallery. The restaurant didn't disappoint on my latest visit however the Gallery was closed. Sign of the times, it's closed Monday and Tuesdays.
Al Mezza has late opening hours, serving from 17.30 to 22.00 ish.( closed on Tuesdays. )
All food very tasty and surprisingly non-expensive. The house wine goes down well. Lovely old house full of character. Try it.....you'll keep coming back!

Dublin, Ireland
“Average”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Good food, but not brilliant. It could have been better. Service can improve as well. Very expensive price.

Visited February 2014