“One of the best nights I've been on in a long long time.”

The Prince of Wales Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I'm just home from a stay in Athlone with 20 women for a hen, we stayed in the Athlone Springs and got a taxi to this hotel to do a cocktail making class. It was so much fun, the staff were incredible, afterwords we had dinner which exceeded my expectations being in such a large group I didn't expect such a high standard of dining, we then went to the bar for a live band where we were given a VIP area in front of the band, they were brilliant and really interacted with us so much fun. From there we went to the night club which is in the hotel to again be given a VIP area with champaign for all. Could not speak highly enough about the staff in this hotel from reception, porters, bar and waitresses they are exceptional and should be acknowledged. If your thinking of a hen this is a really good weekend!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I booked my parents into the hotel as a special treat for their 50th anniversary. I have never been as impressed in all my dealings with hotels and their staff as I have been with the hotel Manager, Padraic and his staff at this hotel. Mam and dad were treated like royalty and made feel special on what was a special occassion for them. If you are looking for somewhere that gives you that personal touch, believe me, The Prince Of Wales has it by the bucket load. Padraic thank you so much - take a bow. You went out of your way to look after my parents and I am so glad it was this hotel I decided on. Say thanks to all the team on wowing my parents. One other thing, my parents are well travelled so it is not too easy impress them. Take a bow and look forward to staying with ye myself and my family in the future...

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank lindawhytekeane
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I had my hen in the prince of wales at the weekend and it was brilliant from start to finish. The food is fabulous, the staff are friendly & helpful and the rooms were clean, spacious and warm. We had reserved areas in both the bar & nightclub.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a fun weekend away with friends. The location is ideal so close to the train station and in the town centre.
Thanks to all the staff for being so great and making the weekend so much fun!!
Janet

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 419janeta
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed in the Prince of Wales with friends for one night as we were in Athlone watching our Son play rugby for Scotland against Ireland u20s.
Lovely hotel, recently refurbished. Very clean with super friendly staff. Room was big and very clean with excellent facilities and powerful shower!
Would definitely visit again if in Ireland. Would recommend also.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed here recently for two nights as part of a group of girls. The location of the hotel is great, minutes walk from the train station, seconds of a walk from the shopping mall.

From the minute we arrived we were greeted by friendly, helpful staff at reception. And it just got better as our stay continued. The rooms are very spacious, clean and easily accessible. The accommodation staff were friendly along corridors and we werent disturbed on either morning by knocking by staff looking to clean rooms.

Breakfast on our first morning was a real treat, there was a full menu of al a carte options to order from the kitchen, of which i ordered buttermilk pancakes served with fresh fruit, they were delicious. There was also a continental buffet. We were served copious amounts of tea/coffee and toast. However, due to a full house staying on the second night, the menu was greatly reduced and that would be my only disappointment of the whole weekend, but i totally understand its purpose.

The food in the bar is excellent. So much choice, and very reasonably priced. As there was such a large group of us, there were many different dishes ordered and every one of them were well presented and more importantly, very tasty. The bar staff were also very friendly and helpful and had that most valuable nack of remembering rounds of drinks, not having to be reminded on each order. The particular staff that were there during our stay were Adrian, TJ and Ian. Ian was also the guy who hosted our cocktail class - which we thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend to any group staying there. Great fun....

We dined in the restaurant on our second evening, and again although the choice was quite limited (as it was a package dinner), the quality of the food and service from staff was very good.

There was music in the bar both nights which really entertained both our group and everyone else in the venue, and we finished off our night, by being given complimentary access or Karma nightclub, which is adjoining the hotel.

Each and every one of our group had a marvelous stay and I, for one, will definitely be returning.

1  Thank funbobby13
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We attended Karma niteclub for a hen party on 25/1/14. Louise looked after us so well I could'nt praise her enough. We had a reserved area in the club with 2 bottles of bubbles to aid the party. Shamie took over then and was able to fufill our every desire. The music was really good with a good mix of dance and chart. Great nite all round!!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The prince of wales hotel I would give 100% recommendation having holiday in Ireland all my life I really have to say it is the cleanest hotel with the friendliest staff who are all second to none I have met at any other hotel, normally you would expect a few but in the prince all staff are brilliant ,They all do above and beyond for you whether you pop in for a quick drink or a bit to eat (Food is fab too ) you will go back for more food .Well worth a visit to the Prince I will be back Thank you to all the staff .

Alison & Kevin