“One night stay”
Review of Hodson Bay Hotel

Hodson Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Fabulous hotel. Excellent food, friendly staff, room very clean and tidy and for one with a bad back problem the mattress was first class. The only minor fault was the loud tv in the bar of a premier soccer match in England

Room Tip: Lake view would be best choice but all rooms v good
3  Thank George C
Timothy_Hayes, General Manager at Hodson Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear George C,

Thank you for your clear and comprehensive review of the Hodson Bay Hotel. We are pleased to hear you find the hotel fabulous and that you were completely satisfied with the food, staff and accommodation.
If you wish to return in the near future, it will be my pleasure to meet you, so please don’t hesitate to contact me at thayes@hodsonbayhotel.com.

There are newer reviews for Hodson Bay Hotel

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Just back from a two night stay in the Hodson. We stayed in the family suite which was fine for us and four children. I would consider upgrading to interconnecting rooms just as our 3 year old might stay in his bed for longer!!! the room had no view, but when travelling with 4 kids, I'm happy to have a room that will accommodate us all without suffocating! The family suite would be fantastic if it was for kids a little older. Before checking out, we asked to see interconnecting rooms for our next stay and there was no problem. The porter took us up and opened up all the doors so we could view it properly. They offer very good rates for these rooms, probably the best we have been offered before. We booked a two night b&b and 1 eve meal deal. My kids NEVER go to kids clubs, but it was included and on arrival, I found out it included their lunches and dinners, so I was very encouraging that they try it!! I could not get them out! The kids club staff are fantastic. They were so friendly and kind to our kids and recognised I was a little nervous leaving them, so took my numbers and room no etc and told me to come back as often as I liked to check on them. They had great lunches and dinner options too. My hubby and I had dinner out on both evenings child free without having to book a babysitter. The food was fab, the hotel is so clean. There's a great pool and the spa looked lovely, but I didn't get the chance to try it this time! The water sports looked like lots of fun, but it was a little choppy out the days we were there so we didn't try. The grounds and views outside are lovely and the kids enjoyed feeding the ducks. Breakfast was fab and pancakes for the kids such a great idea. Overall, I was so happy to find a hotel that had options for a family with four children. I am sick to death of "two adult two children" deals. It was so refreshing to be recognised even though we had more than two kids! Well done Hodson Bay, a great holiday and we will be back.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with more than 3 children and they are young, It would be worth the extra few...
5  Thank Mary M

Dear Mary M,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions of our Hotel, especially our summer offer for families with kids. We are continuously trying to accommodate all customers’ needs and provide everything possible to make all our guests, including the youngest ones, enjoy their stay. We received a great feedback on our summer season what inspires us to come up with new ideas for the following autumn.
We will be delighted to welcome your family again, maybe for your autumn break, so please don't hesitate to contact me at thayes@hodsonbayhotel.com.

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We've just spent a glorious couple of days in the Hodson Bay with our children. This hotel really knows how to look after families (which is why this was our 4th visit).
For children aged 4-12, the kids club operates 10am-1pm and the children get their lunch here. It recommences at 6pm to 11pm and the children also get their dinner included. Our children loved this, they had a real holiday and didn't like being collected early for bedtime each night!
For younger children there are two hours of supervised play on the playroom (free of charge!) while the grown ups can have their dinner in peace.
The restaurant is top quality (though pricey if not part of your package), the bar food and carvery is of a very high quality too, breakfasts had a great selection and the children adored the pancake machine!
What else can I say...the spa is great, the swimming pool is warm, the family changing room had a detachable shower head (invaluable for showering little people without tears). There were free activities every night we were there, I tried out the spas thermal suite & an aqua aerobics class thanks to this, just a pity we missed the free wine & cheese tasting as we were too relaxed and forgot all about it!
We'll be back!

Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Maria C

Dear Maria C,

We appreciate your comprehensive review on all our features. Here at the Hodson Bay Hotel, we are permanently striving towards guests’ satisfaction. We are aware that achievement of the highest standards is only possible if all diverse aspects of customer service are provided in an exceptional and efficient manner. I will make sure that your opinion is passed on to our committed staff in the Restaurant, Kitchen and Spa.
Finally, you have to visit us again and, hopefully next time, experience our free wine & cheese tasting, so please don’t hesitate to contact me at thayes@hodsonbayhotel.com.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

YOU MAY Say not again I say why not my 6 year old says why not buy the hotel and we can have fun all the time.A NEW addition is the baysports water park even in the rain its fun . as usual food ,drink and service were excellent ,now back to work and school

Room Tip: no kids lake view or retreat ;
6  Thank jobe_11

Dear jobe_11,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review of the family break you had here at the Hodson Bay Hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed our offer enriched with the surrounding attractions.
We are hoping to welcome you again, so please don’t hesitate to contact me at thayes@hodosnbayhotel.com.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We hosted a two day event last week for our Sales personnel. From start to finish, the Events Team were excellent to deal with - nothing was too much trouble. Staff were extremely friendly and no request was too much. Dinner for a large table of 18 people was effortless! The food was excellent and served by very friendly and efficient Staff.
I would highly recommend the Hodson Bay Hotel for Events and we will be sure to return for our next one. Thanks to all.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank 1966Jackie
Timothy_Hayes, General Manager at Hodson Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear 1966Jackie,

Thank you for taking the time write a review and share your contentment with the time spent with your colleges here at the Hodson Bay Hotel. I will make sure your message gets to our staff members who took part in the organization of your stay. It is always a pleasure to read an opinion like yours, as that motivates us to carry on with our dedicated work.
Looking forward to welcome you again, so please don’t hesitate to contact me at thayes@hodsonbayhotel.com.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

What a lovely hotel, so accommodating , stayed here for a wedding, rooms were very spacious and ours was on ground floor which I loved, breakfast was like fine dining , all staff very friendly and polite, I can't stand bad manners.
One fault only ::::::
The rooms upstairs and badly signed. I went up in a lift to find the babysitters room and got lost, 25 minutes later I found it, that was a real pain but overall I can't wait to go back ❤️❤️❤️

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank BabyT79

Dear BabyT79,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impression of the Hodson Bay Hotel. We are always delighted to hear that our guest enjoyed their stay. For us, that means our ultimate goal is achieved.
Looking forward to seeing you here again, so please don’t hesitate to contact me at thayes@hodsonbayhotel.com, prior to your next arrival.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

From the time we arrived to the time we left everything was perfect and staff are super. Rooms are big and well maintained. Food in bar & restaurant was excellent. Very family focused, great childrens club, leisure facilities etc. Will def. go back & would recommend.

6  Thank Annon2

Dear Annon2,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience of staying in the Hodson Bay Hotel in both brief and comprehensive manner. Praise coming from our guests motivates us to continue hard and dedicated work towards customers’ pleasure and satisfaction.
I believe you will come back in the near future. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at thayes@hodsonbayhotel.com, so I can meet you upon your arrival.