“top burgers in the town!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 97 Restaurants in Athlone
Price range: US$7 - US$11
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Within the Left. Bank Mall, on Pearse street. Car parking available. 60 Seater cafe with full table service. Take away available on all menu items. Open Monday to Saturday 9am to 4.30 Pm.
Athlone, Ireland
“top burgers in the town!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I've been here several times and always order a beef burger,it is always fresh and perfectly done.Today I was with a few friends and wife,everyone was happy.The best beef burger in the town:)))

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank macIgor

Busselton, Australia
“Our Lunchtime Favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed in Athlone for 7 nights and when we stayed in Athlone we ate our lunch here. They make the best hot soup you have ever tasted. It certainly helped that the weather was freezing and I had to go out and buy gloves, a scarf and another thick pullover. So as you can imagine the soup hit the spot everytime.

The staff were great and the second time greated us like we were locals so it was no problem to go back again. The bread that came with the soup was like nothing we had ever tasted before and was absolutely the best for the soup we had.

This is certainly an excellent place to go and eat and I would not hesitate in recommending this delightful place. Even has its own web page and they can be found on facebook!! They have 2 addresses in Athlone – although we only went to the one. It must be good if they have two!

• Visited May 2013
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Friendly helpful staff; delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We popped into Loaves and Fishes by chance on our way from Dublin to Galway. We were welcomed by the manager and her staff who could not have been more helpful. There were 5 of us and the cafe is quite small but nothing was too much trouble. We enjoyed a delicious lunch and was so impressed that we visited again on our way back to Dublin!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great food, great value, great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I didn't want to comment on just being great value as people might think it is a cheap option and therefore lesser quality. It's not. This is by far the best place in town for lunch with top quality food and service and I regularly bring the wife, child, sister, mother in law and it has become a hit with them all. Maggie and Fiona also deserve a mention for top quality service

• Visited June 2013
coffeelodge, Owner at Loaves and Fishes, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such
A kind report, looking forward to welcoming
You back
Regards,
Mary
limerick
“Loaves and Fishes -another Miracle-Fed to the gills with little money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

This was my first visit to the town of Athlone and this restaurant was recommended by the traffic warden. I was starving but was seated immediately and a large bowl of seafood chowder was placed before me with chunks of delightful home made brown bread. I loved their chowder and mainly because it wasn't cream-based and was a hearty meal in a bowl with lots of fish and veg. I really didn't need anymore but the hostess was the kindest, most accommodating, efficient person on the job I have ever encountered. I opted for a hot chicken salad with a thai dressing which she allowed me taste before hand and she said - what I wanted to utter- that a half portion would be plenty for me after the chowder. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. In so many places if you ask for half portions one gets a look of disapproval - unheard of- dare I ask?? But this lady was so lovely and had a big, big heart - bless her, where would you find another like her? They are very, very scarce as big hearts don't grab money. But this restaurant deserves to make lots of it as they value the customer and put out all the stops to ensure you are 100% happy with your visit. I certainly was. The salad was delicious. I couldn't go the dessert and opted instead to take one home. I really wanted to leave money here. I meant to buy some of their brown bread there too as it was so scrumptious. Thank you to all the smiling staff there who were buzzing like bees as business is brisk here and why wouldn't it be so? I want to tell the world about this miraculous place where in contrast to the miracle at Cana you get loads of" loaves and fishes" and keep loads of money in your pocket!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited June 2013