“The Mardyke Street Branch is my favourite lunch spot” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 97 Restaurants in Athlone
Price range: US$7 - US$11
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Within the Left. Bank Mall, on Pearse street. Car parking available. 60 Seater cafe with full table service. Take away available on all menu items. Open Monday to Saturday 9am to 4.30 Pm.
Moate, Ireland
“The Mardyke Street Branch is my favourite lunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

The minestrone soup is fantastic, I love it with garlic bread. It's great value. The atmosphere is informal. The girls Maggie & Fiona are very helpful and Gerry the proprietor is very accommodating.

Athlone, Ireland
“Great eateries..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

A couple of 'Loaves & Fishes' gems... Great spot for lunch. Food is just great. Can't fault it really.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Deborah R
Dublin, Ireland
“Always a lovely spot for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Regular visitor to this lovely restaurant! Their food is gorgeous and the girls are lovely, nothing is ever an issue. Definitely a great spot for some lunch when visiting Athlone.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank GardenHouseCafe
coffeelodge, Owner at Loaves and Fishes, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am delighted to hear our work pays off.
I am lucky to have great staff who care.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Regards, Mary
Dublin
“First time/last time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

First time visiting this cafe. Walked in and was ignored by staff so found my own table and sat down. Examined menu for 10 mins. Staff came and cleared the tables next to me, even made eye contact and yet still ignored me. I went up to the counter to be served. Was made feel like I was an inconvenience. Lots of banter and laughter among the staff, but really they could do with actually paying some attention to their customers.

Ordered Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad on Seasonal Greens. The menu should have said Old Wilted Salad and breaded chicken. It wasn't quite what I had hoped for. I was hungry and ate it. When the waitress delivered it to my table, she half threw it on the table and rushed off.

She seemed to be very friendly with the woman at the table next to me, who appeared to be a regular. Maybe she could do with paying attention to the non regulars too.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Crystallamp
coffeelodge, Owner at Loaves and Fishes, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback, it is more than welcome.

I am sorry to hear that your first experience with us was negative, I can assure you
my staff did not intend on upsetting you. The style is free seating and we generally allow
the guest time to look through the menu, but I will take your points on board.

With regards the food, the Lettuce come in fresh everyday or second day.
The Buffalo Salad is one of our more popular dishes, with positive feedback.
AS described on the menu "Crispy Chicken Breast, Lightly Breaded and Fried",
we cook this to order, so I am sorry to hear it was disappointing.

Thank you again.
Mary Gannon
“Favourite cafe full stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I eat here quiet regularly, (possible too much but its just too nice not too), I work across the street and im in love with the place. I would highly recommend it. The food is amazing, from any of their soups, they have a different one every day and its the largest heartiest bowl of soup ive ever had, to their salads, its a toss between the goats cheese and the beef salad. Cant decide which is my favourite. They are both fab. Their brown bread is also really really good. Possibly the best thing about this cafe is their staff though. They are so nice and friendly and extremely helpful. . Def try this place out. You re missing out if you don't

2 Thank REMENIFF
coffeelodge, Owner at Loaves and Fishes, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such
A kind review.
Wishing you a happy 2014.
Regards, Mary