“Fab!!! ”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner had dinner here this evening. We had been here once about 5 years ago so couldn't remember much about it. Needless to say I won't be waiting as long to go again! It's a nice, cozy, olde worlde place. The staff are very friendly and efficient. We were seated within 2 minutes of arriving, down the back at a small but adequate table beside the fire. It was a little cramped and close to the tables next us, which is why I've given 4 marks and not the full 5. We ordered right away and it came in about 10 minutes. We both got steak with Pepper sauce and I have to say it was amazing! Cooked perfectly, so juicy, so tasty. It's very rare there wouldn't be something I'd change about a dish but this was perfect. I had chocolate pudding and ice cream which I as also out of this world. To top off the excellent food and great service the bill was very reasonable. I very highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I went here last Saturday and the place was buzzing! There was great music and a super atmosphere.The manageress was very welcoming and made sure everyone was being well looked after.Nothing was too much trouble and the whole night was very enjoyable.Lovely seating area out the back to enjoy the last of the sunny evenings.Definitely will be returning.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

This is a great restaurant and bar - family owned and run to a very high standard with excellent fresh local food and good Guinness and beer. We were there with a large group for dinner and we ate and drank fantastically well. If you en route from Dublin to Galway via Athlone then make sure to take the short detour to Glasson village for Grogans, the food, the lake, the views and the village

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

I have always enjoyed visiting this establishment, but the last few times I dined here, I was led feeling like a nuisance my the manageress.
She sighs when taking the food order, she makes inappropriate comments about other customers - fairly loudly - to other staff members at the bar, and everything seems to be a lot of hard work, ie- never ever ask for extra water from this lady. The attitude alone would put me off visiting.

The rest of the staff, however, do make up for this lady. They are at all times friendly, efficient and courteous.

The food is always fantastic , if a little over priced, but it can be forgiven for the excellent flavour. The only gripe I have about it is that I have been coming here for years, and aside from the specials, the menu never changes. As the sayig goes " if it's not broken, don't fix it"!!!

2  Thank ShellyIre
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We were 10; including two youngsters. Sat at one of the big round tables - very sociable. We arrived in two parties (1 couple a bit late) but that was no trouble to the staff. Service very friendly and efficient as always. Food also excellent. And really good value. Small peeve - the ham hock (which is fab) is a massive portion - I think ye should advise people NOT to have a Starter if they choose it.

We have been to Grogan's several times and it is always a delight. This visit was no exception.