“Great food”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I ate here last night. Just called in on my own and I was in great company. Friendly bar staff and great atmosphere. The food was great. I had absolutely delicious ribs for starters followed by a fabulously prepared hok of ham. Both cooked perfectly. Delighted.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Ate, and drank (!) here last Sunday. We had not made a reservation so there was a short wait. No harm there as the €4 pint was excellent. But the food.... Spare ribs and a ham shank for €19. The pig that gave its life for that shank had one hell of a set of legs on it! Fabulous. Staff really friendly and helpful. Great place, a must for a visit. Why can't I give six stars? ?

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We had a few hours to spare and decided we would stop in Glasson. We had a lovely experience here before and again we were not disappointed. Very friendly staff welcomed us. We ate fantastic mussels with a Guinness bread and followed it with the fish of the day ( plaice ) and a steak sandwich.. Extremely tasty and plenty of it ! A place everybody should just loose an afternoon. Looking forward to going back again sooner this time.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Four of us went for a late Friday lunch. Two went for one of the specials Chicken Curry. Excellent choice for the day that was in it. One had Fish of the day which was Plaice and a massive serving it was. And the fourth opted for a large serving of Chowder - which as always was very good. I had their special desert which was a rice dish with fruity jam and crushed meringue - deelish! As always the service is friendly and efficient. The room was toasty warm - very welcome and the bill was reasonable. I don't think we have ever been disappointed with Grogans. Another success.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

One word to describe this place which was Highly recommend by a friend is dissappointed. Won't be going back to soon .