“Top Class at very reasonable prices!!!”

Grogan's of Glasson Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 103 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have dined at all of the restaurants in Glasson at this stage and for me Grogans are well ahead of the many much more expensive ones in this area. The service is always great and the food is to die for. Everything is homemade and rustic. The quality and variety of food on the menu is far superior to the more expensive ones in the area. Today I had the Sunday value menu. I had Garlic Mushrooms to start which were freshly made with a lovely side salad and an in house made dressing. For the main course I had the shoulder of lamb which was melt in your mouth it was so tender it came with a lovely red wine jus on a bed of potato rosti and plenty of side orders. For desert I had the rice pudding with merrague pieces and a dollop of homemade jam. Tea or coffee included for 24 euro this wont be beaten. I brought my mother along and she is a serial complainer when it comes to dining out and she had not one bad word to say she was highly impressed and very full leaving. Compliments to the chef. This restaurant deserves an award!!!

There are newer reviews for Grogan's of Glasson Pub & Restaurant

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had no reservation on Saturday evening, so had to wait for a table, but it was definately worth it and the wait was actually shorter than expected. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is great here too. And the food is just heavenly; my husband said he had one of the best steaks ever, followed by a slice of cheese cake which was the day's special and delicious. I had the veggie parcel, which is a good choice for any vegetarian, very tasty and good portion. Well recommended!!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Although we arrived late in the evening we received excellent food served by obliging and friendly staff

1  Thank PatN1001
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is my second visit and it does not disappoint. We arrived for lunch. Get a big bowl of the seafood chowder, amazing, get the mussels, also amazing and they make their own bread which I purchased a loaf of the brown bread and a loaf of the dark guinness bread and the soup so we could take it to our self catering house for dinner later in the evening. I wish we had all this deliciousness here in the states. The atmosphere is welcoming & warming with great service.

1  Thank FloridaTraveller1
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Food really good. Service was prompt but not welcoming and waiting staff at our table did not seem experienced. To be told to "give me out your plate as she stands with her hand out" and then again later to another member of our party to "hand out your plates and stack them first" .. not what u would I would expect... no problem doing so but it's all in the asking.. Grogans don't take custom for granted .. customer service is as important as the fabulous food.

2  Thank Pauline63_12