“best pub in athlone”
Review of Larry's Bar - CLOSED

Larry's Bar
More attraction details
Owner description: Larrys Bar is a traditional cosy warm Irish pub, located on Barrack Street Athlone (opposite The local Garda station). There is a taxi rank outside the door.Larry has a host of entertainment and has live music every weekend to suit all tastes! We also have a cosy intimate Beer Garden and smoking area.Drop in if you want to watch live Sports in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Larrys bar can also cater for all your functions and parties with food catering also available! Our expert team will be " Happy as Larry" to answer questions you might have so just give us shout... All our details are above!! :)
Athlone, Ireland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“best pub in athlone”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

larrys is the most friendliest pub you can find in athlone..pj and michelle are very friendly and attentive to all customers old and new...the cater for all types of parties and go out of their way to make sure everyone has a good night...the pub is spotlessy clean as are the toilets..
the music is brillant.the clientle is great..relaxed and cosy pub...if ever you visit athlone..
LARRYS IS A MUST...

Visited December 2012
1 Thank fionaf676

Athlone, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Music bar”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

the only problem I can find with this bar, once you go in its very hard to leave,
always seems to be some thing going on, good music every week end with out fail, staff always friendly and helpful,

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Beaker_007
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A decent bar ! Nice for a change from the norm”
Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

Larry's is a good pub well worth a visit . I'm hard to please and can't say a bad word about this place . It's clean, staff are very friendly, it's a cosy pub too.atmosphere is good especially sat nights! So if your looking for a change of pub around athlone I would recommend this place

Newmarket, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Upon visiting the lovely town of Athlone, I happened upon Larrys bar. I was taken aback by the friendly staff and atmosphere. I fully recommend any person visiting the town to enjoy the ambiance and willingness to please in the pub. I am factoring in the pub as a reason for me to return in the future. Thumbs up!!!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Mr_H_19_79
Upstate NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A Great Bar in Athlone”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We discovered Larry’s Bar while walking around Athlone during a one-day stay. We saw they were going to have music that night, a blues session; so we went back that evening. This turned out to have been a great idea. We had a wonderful time. This was one of the friendliest places we’ve ever gone to. The Guinness flowed and the music was great. We were introduced to the musicians, Eamon and Martin, who were actually really good. Sitting at the bar, other patrons gave us all kinds of advice and suggestions about traveling in Ireland; as well as other stories. Behind the bar, Keiran made sure that we never ran dry. They were all amused that my name actually is Larry, and when we were near the end of our night, Michelle introduced herself and gave me a “Larry’s Pub” polo shirt that I proudly wear here in the USA. We will return when possible. Don’t miss this place!

Visited June 2012