“Friendly cosy place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Strada - CLOSED

La Strada
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Athlone, Ireland
“Friendly cosy place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

Friends took me to this restaurant for my 30th birthday in August 2012. I was surprised by friendliness of staff and a warm welcome. Food was very good and prices reasonable. Nice and cosy interior overlooking river Shannon. Perfect for family occasions or friends outings. Would definately recomend it to anyone.

• Visited August 2012

athlone
“A verry professional waiter actualy the best in Athlone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

I was reading a comment from a stupid hungry little cheap people like AliHan_1 who want to

have everry thing for free . and blame this fantastic restaurant .

i go to lastrada my kids and me , since the last 4 years.

Trust my , my kids wont go there if the waiter is not there ,

he is too professional.

JUST STOP SAYING LIES ABOUT THIS RESTAURANT , BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY PLACE IN

TOWN

WHERE ALOTS PEOPLE WILL GO AND LOVE

• Visited October 2012
Athlone
“Arrogant Unprofessional Waiter!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Discovered this restaurant about a year ago and was pleasantly surprised by the value and quality if the food (over looking the TERRIBLE antipasti starter which consisted of packet ham amongst other undesirable processed things!)
I fell in love with the mushroom risotto actually. And my partner with one of the pizzas. We both began to spread the word about this restarant and plenty of our friends visited it.
There have now been three bad experiences, one after the other, spread out over 6 months which is not a good sign and I would not give a bad review like this otherwise…any restarant can have an 'off' day.
On the first of these occasions, we had brought guests, having gushed about the food to them. It was simply inconsistent. Pizzas ordered were missing toppings that were described on the menu, etc. There was also a very bad smell of refuse around the bathroom area which was most off putting.
The second of these bad experiences was more a staff issue. There was a new waiter. A small man with a huge ego. We did not warm to him at all. He was patronising and arogant. When I ordered the risotto, he exclaimed….'it is very heavy', 'very rich…are you sure?'….I was taken aback and just said yes. When it arrived he placed it in front of me by saying….'no calories!'…the very last thing any woman wants to think about in an italien restaurant on a night out. I could not believe cheek of him, it was just so so inappropriate!
Then most recently, out of neccesity, in the rain we returned, at 9.45pm to see if they were still serving, I was ready to leave when I saw it was the same waiter. He came way to close to my face and actually asked us where we had been, he then made us feel like we were an utter inconvenience and began clearing a table. He was so so rude. We just left, I don’t know why we even went in to be honest!
So…be warned, Ill Colloseo is a far better quality restaurant and less than a 5 min walk away!

• Visited October 2012
Galway
“Family friendly and fabulous food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

Have eaten here a few times and have always had good experiences. The last time I was here with a large group and the waiter was a riot. He was friendly and funny - kept the kids entertained. The service for our group was excellent and everyone enjoyed their food. Nice comfortable atmosphere - great for families. Huge portions and reasonable priced.

• Visited January 2012
Athlone, Ireland
“Great as always !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Another lovely meal with friends and 3 yr old in la strada last night. Best place in town for kids with excellent play room.
Service very friendly and food great love the new gluten free options too.