“Great food; best service ever!!”

Pavarotti's Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 98 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
La Canada Flintridge, California
“Great food; best service ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant by chance when passing through the town at dusk. Delicious meal; great prices; super friendly staff! We were having difficulty in locating our B & B for the night & the cook was making calls on our behalf between cooking dishes! (Thankfully they were not packed at the time!). What a delight. We hope to return here on our next trip to Ireland!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Passport-Maven

Dublin
“Family Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stopped in here with kids in way home from the west. Service very excellent and we were made very comfortable. Pizzas very good and specials of pasta made for our youngest. Very friendly, couldn't have fone more for us. Good value, too.

• Visited October 2013
Wicklow, Ireland
“Overall, good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I brought my wife and 3 kids here on a trip to Athlone. We found it by chance, as they have no website. The dining room is small, and one can see the kitchen area, which I like. The menu is Italian, pizzas, pastas and a few other continental dishes.

I had a 10oz sirloin steak which was ok, kids had pizzas which they loved and my wife had a carbonara which she said was lovely.

No complaints. Would recommend.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Feedbacks_PR
CT
“Very bad lunch ... worst meal during our 10 day Ireland trip”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our family of 5 from CT spent 10 days traveling all over Ireland. On our way from Galway to Dublin we stopped in Athlone to see the Castle and also Sean's Bar (oldest bar in Ireland). We were about 4 days into our trip and my kids were a bit meat, seafooded out so we noticed Pavarotti's and thought some Italian food for lunch would be a good change up. Bad idea.

We walked in and there was just 1 other family in the restaurant (should have been a sign). Our server was initially prompt when we walked in and gave us menus, but then was slow to take our orders and replace drinks. We ordered the bruschetta and it was very poor quality with almost jar tasting ingredients. Our server then seemed to disappear and we waited for about 45 minutes for 2 pizzas. From the time we arrived, 2 other families had come in and had been served and finished meals, while we still waiting for 2 PIZZAS. I finally flagged down a new server and asked about our pizzas and she went up to the chef (you can see him working from the restaurant) and he started raising his voice and yelling and then he made 2 pizzas from scratch ... clearly they had forgotten about our pizza orders, despite only 3 other tables during this time being served.

The pizza arrived and the dough was not very well cooked and the sauce and cheese not very good.

Before leaving I went to the bathroom in the back and did #1 in the urinal ... i noticed a pipe going from bottom of urinal into a drain in the corner and watched my urine pour into the drain, exposed. It was absolutely disgusting that they don't even have proper plumbing piping in this restaurant.

We left and I just hoped that none of us would get sick .... which luckily we did not.
AVOID.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank omegamu
Athlone, Ireland
“My favourite resteraunt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was my favorite resteraunt in Athlone. The food is brilliant and very reasonably priced. It has an open kitchen and the chef has a great sence of humour. I went a few times with family and as a couple and it was perfect for both.

Visited August 2012