1,246 results
All reviewshot tubchampagne suitebalcony overlooking the lakebreakfast in bedon arrivalwalk in wardrobesteakcomplimentary upgradespecial occasionunderfloor heatinglittle touchesrelaxing breakbrowniesconesstunning locationmain courselough ree
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Really pretty wooden lodge hotel.
Our bedroom had a stunning lakeside view. The room was warm, bed really comfortable, complimentary water, minibar/fridge. Beautiful balcony from our room.

Breakfast was both a cold buffet & a hot menu with about 8 choices. Really nice breakfast & the full Irish was very good. Fresh coffee from a coffee press which was a nice touch.

The bar is a lovely big room with a fire. Didn't use the restaurant though.

There are 2 hot tubs outside - they're brilliant with stunning lakeside views.

I would DEFINITELY stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013
Norma W, General Manager at Wineport Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear JALDublin_Ireland,

Many thanks for posting your review.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay & will be returning!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Just back from a wonderful weekend in the Wineport lodge. Fantastic views of Lough Ree from our large bedroom with a beautiful balcony. Excellent meals in the wonderful restaurant. Hot Tub with lake views and wonderful massages!

My partner proposed here (yes its that romantic) and everyone was so friendly and congratulatory! It really added something special for this occasion for us.

We will definitely be back here... highly recommended for a weekend getaway, relaxation and romance!

Thanks to the wonderful team at Wineport!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Barry M,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We came to Newport Lodge to celebrate being together ten years. We were looking for a romantic getaway (having secured a babysitter for our busy two year old!). Boy did we pick the perfect place. From the moment we entered reception I could feel my shoulders relax and I left all the busy thoughts of every day life at the door. All the staff are so welcoming and seem genuinely interested in chatting. Our room was lovely, though smaller than I'd hoped but warm decor and very comfy. The bathroom had a nice bath and separate shower. The only fault I could find was the portal window between the bathroom and bedroom. A nice feature during the day but it meant if one of us wanted to use the bathroom during the night we couldn't switch on the light as it flooded the bedroom with light. We had dinner in the hotel and it was exquisite. From starters through to dessert and wines recommended it was faultless. Well seasoned and bursting with flavour. This hotel is a real haven. I personally wouldn't consider it suitable for families as children would disturb the tranquility (especially for anyone lucky enough to leave the madness at home!). We will definitely return in the future.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear chefsmrs21,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We really appreciate it.

Hopefully, we'll see you soon again!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed here just after halloween for two nights. We had a suite overlooking the lake and looking onto the outdoor hot tub. Although it was cold outside, it was heaven sitting in the hot tub. We had dinner the first evening and my partner declared it 20 out of ten. The wine was perfect. Breakfast on both mornings was superb and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. I had a treatment in the spa which was lovely. All in all, this is the place for a break away from everything.

Room Tip: Try and upgrade to a suite as the regular bedrooms are quite small, having the extra bit of room makes all the difference. Have a staff member show you how the A/C works as we couldnt figure it out and it was a bit noisy the first night.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear elainecb09,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I loved my recent trip away to the Wineport Lodge on a girls weekend away. The place is heavenly. You are only a few minutes off the busy Dublin to Galway road and yet once there you feel you are relaxing in a Lodge in the middle of the woods - it is so peaceful and serene here with the panoramic views of the lake and the surrounding trees. The rooms are 5 star - extremely comfortable and spacious. The food is fabulous and the staff are exceptional. It is a little pricey but if you think you or a loved one deserves a treat book the Wine Port - I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: ask for lake view room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Yvonne S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.