1,247 results
All reviewshot tubchampagne suitebalcony overlooking the lakebreakfast in bedon arrivalwalk in wardrobesteakcomplimentary upgradespecial occasionunderfloor heatinglittle touchesrelaxing breakbrowniesconesstunning locationmain courselough ree
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Went here for lunch (Saturday) ,menu is limited but I'd have gotten over that if the food was amazing. Unfortunately not the case,40minwait for a starter which was middling. Another 30minwait for mains, went with the "gourmet burger " which was dry, in a cold bun and had a cold gherkin on top which made the bun soggy. Total for 3 starters, 4 mains €111. Won't be returning any time soon. Staff were very friendly but service ridiculously slow. My friends coincendently were there for afternoon tea which they said was lovely, sorry we didnt have that!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank AM H
Norma W, General Manager at Wineport Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear AM H

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am most sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience while joining us for lunch. 40 minutes for a starter and 30 for a main course a simply unacceptable but I assure you that these times are completely out of character for both our serving team and kitchen that being said it still happened and for that I am truly sorry. I am glad that you found the staff friendly and it was very kind of your friends to say they had a lovely afternoon tea. If you do decide to return don't hesitate to ask for me.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Stayed for two nights, mid week met on arrival with a lovely glass of punch.the views are stunning and the room was lovely. had lunch and that evening we had dinner in the dinning room. My husband ordered salmon and I had lamb, we got veg with our meal and my husband got potatoes with his salmon, but I couldn't understand the lamb didn't come with potatoes and I had to ask, never did I see lamb served without potatoes! And the lamb didn't seem or taste like spring lamb. The next morning I couldn't get the shower on, the knob came off in my hand , I had to ring down and the lady said on arrival she didn't know it was broken even though someone had seamed to try and fix with stick all. The light and mirror was not working either, the attention to detail like this was not great. When we did come back to our room it was fixed. But the house keeper should be looking out for things like this. No one rang to check if everything was ok.!for the price I was underwhelmed. Overall the food is average not impressed !

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dyphna

Dear Dyphna

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. While I am glad you had a welcoming arrival and you were happy with the views from your lovely room I am however terribly disappointed that you did not enjoy your meal. While I understand your comments regarding the lamb we do feel that not every dish needs potatoes. The rump of lamb is served on a delicious aubergine caviar however our serving team should have informed you that this was the case so that you had the opportunity to request potato to served with your lamb not after it had already arrived. As for your shower I am terribly sorry and I assure you that the shower knob has since being replaced. I do hope that you would be willing to return.

Warm regards

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

What a beautiful place...... Relaxation heaven.
From the moment we arrived we were spoilt the customer service is amazing. All rooms overlook the lake. Food was excellent, good choices and beautiful setting overlooking the lake.As it was a special birthday for my husband we were treated with chocolates and a birthday card from the hotel and again at dinner with table decorations and a personalized card. All these little touches made the weekend extra special. Would Highly recommend this hotel for a special occasion or to relax.
There are also lovely restaurants in Glassan village for lunch drinks or dinner.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear lizzyOD1

Thank you for taking the time to post your most kind review. I am delighted you enjoyed your recent visit and I hope it was a memorable birthday for your husband. We are firm believers in the little touches making all the difference and I am thrilled that this was the case for you and your husband.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

A lovely spot to get away from it all!! Just leaving after a super relaxed night away celebrating my boyfriends birthday. The views from wineport over lough ree are truly magnificent. Food is excellent and staff are super friendly.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Norma W, General Manager at Wineport Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear T09

Thank you ever so much for your most kind review. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we made it a memorable birthday for your boyfriend. We are blessed with our ever changing views and I am delighted that you enjoyed them.

Do come see us again
Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Stopped there on one of our rare sunny evenings this year for a light evening meal. Location on the Shannon and ambience superb. We ordered two burgers, beef & chicken. Food was average, pricey and poorly presented on boards.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear meareilly

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. While I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed the location and the ambiance I am of course disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy your food. Our Gourmet beef burger and Cajun chicken burger are both firm favorites for those who seek the casual bite they rarely get a poor comment but that been said it doesn't excuse the fact that on this occasion we let ourselves down and for that I am sorry.

I do hope to see you again
Warm regards