The Prince of Wales Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$88
Arch House B&B & Apartments(Athlone)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$141
US$81
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$151
US$99
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$174
US$149
US$103
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

Athlone Springs Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$97
US$90
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$104
US$99
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$69
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

US$93
US$91
Orbitz.com
1,210 results
All reviewshot tubchampagne suitebalcony overlooking the lakebreakfast in bedon arrivalwalk in wardrobecomplimentary upgradesteakspecial occasionunderfloor heatinghappy birthdayfollowing morninglittle touchesrelaxing breakbrowniestunning locationscones
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was referred to this hotel by a friend and advised to check it out. I actually drove to the hotel from the Longford area - about a 40 minute drive with the intention of having the advertised Afternoon Tea service or a late lunch.
When I arrived, I was unimpressed by the building- it appeared a little shabby from the outside. I walked all around looking for the Main Entrance as there was a wedding party sitting outside occupying many tables. I then realized that I would have to make my way through the wedding party to enter the hotel. As I was about to do so, a staff member appeared and asked me if she could help me. I replied that I was looking for the entrance and that I was planning on having something to eat. "Ah, no", she replied. "We have a wedding going on today and the hotel is closed to anyone but the wedding party". I then asked... "what do you say to people like myself who traveled specifically to this hotel as a destination hotel, that requires, in my case, 40 minutes of travel by car...?" She replied.. 'Well, I'm sorry, we're closed for everyone but the wedding party". Need I say anymore!
Clearly, this is not a professionally-run, sophisticated hotel operation. If it were, A. No guest would be turned away and B. A Wedding is an event- no single event should down all other services in a hotel.
Ironically, I had checked out the hotel website before setting out on my drive and all services were fully advertised as fully-functioning- Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Bar etc. When I arrived, however, this was not the case.
Wineport Lodge, on the basis of this effort, does not merit a second glance.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Alex4170
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First visited in December 2010 and loved it.

8 years later celebrated by birthday and couldn’t have been better - every aspect of the experience was phenomenal- beautiful rooms, glorious lake views, a fun hot tub, tremendous food and service.

Not many places in Ireland as good as Wineport.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in Wineport Lodge for 1 night to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. We had booked a lakeside view with a balcony but got a complimentary upgrade to the Champagne Suite. The staff were excellent and very attentive. The views were stunning (a view of Lough Ree from every aspect of the lodge) and the food for both dinner and breakfast the following morning were top class. The hot tubs with the view across Lough Ree were a welcome addition after a 60km cycle on the greenway with the complimentary BMW bikes from Wineport Lodge. Overall, our best overnight experience to date in Ireland

Room Tip: Stunning views from all rooms
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the Wineport Lodge for two nights (June 2018). It was incredible to stay in a place which was so busy but when we sat out on the balcony in our room (overlooking the water), you could have been on a desert island - it was so quiet, apart form the birds and the water. The food was glorious, the staff were so friendly but professional. Our room was amazing - we were upgraded - and we enjoyed every minute of it. The General Manager, Norma Wilson, was a constant presence in the Lodge. She would have a word with people, pop up to take an order in the restaurant and gave the whole experience such a personal touch. We couldn't recommend it highly enough and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Rooms all called after wines - we stayed in St Julien and it was perfect!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

You could not have a better located hotel. Right on the waters edge of Lough Ree. The beauty of the scenery is amazing. Hotel not far from main motorway so easily accessible. The rooms are superb and beautifully decorated with amazing bathroom. Make sure to upgrade to lake view and you won’t be disappointed. The staff are some of the friendliest and helpful I have every met. Being greeted at reception with a glass of fruit punch and shown to our room was a very nice touch. The hotel is quirky with lovely nooks and crannies everywhere. Lovely outside hot tubs and beauty treatment. Only one complaint. I expected the food to be exceptional and it was only average. The little extras were just not there. The dessert on the night was underwhelming. My mash had to be sent back because it arrived cold. The breakfast the next morning again was nothing special and a rosti potato is not a fried lump of mash. It is grated crispy fried potato. Such a shame that the food did not match the stunning surroundings.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple