“Best place I've been to in a long time!”
Review of Beans & Leaves

Beans & Leaves
Ranked #12 of 107 Restaurants in Athlone
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Irish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "Simple Ingredients...Magical Foods"Steven & Martina's thinking is straightforward.Don’t mess with fantastic ingredients, keep it simple!Bring out the best in them and serve in delicious sandwiches, salads, hot meals & desserts all made on the premises & All for reasonable prices to have here or to take home. And, judging by the deli’s popularity, it’s a recipe that works.Happy Cooking,Steven & Martina.
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Visited here recently with a family friend and family member and we were all blown away by the great location of the café with great views. We were greeted by a member of staff and shown to a seating area upstairs with a good view of the river Shannon. Place had a great atmosphere and had with its own charm. Staff were attentive and friendly without being in your face. We ordered a mix of food from seafood chowder to a goats cheese dish. We did not even feel the need to monitor costs as all food was so reasonable (Approx €12-14 on average each for two dishes each) The food was superb! This is coming from the most fussy eater who hates eating out! It was great, there was utter silence once the food had arrived as we were all enjoying our food so much!
I will be returning customer no doubt and would recommend this lovely little place to anyone visiting Athlone or just going out looking for a great eatery.

1  Thank Bebhinn_J

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I have visited this very nice cafe on several occasions, but this was the first time for breakfast. I ordered the vegetarian breakfast which included coffee and 2 slices of the nicest brown bread I've had for a long time. Coffee was excellent and very good value for money - € 7.00, staff are as always very friendly. Will be back.

1  Thank Ni-Da-Ni
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stumbled upon this little gem of a cafe when we were out walking on our first day in Athlone. It seemed quite popular with people working nearby and this is always a good sign. The staff were very polite and courteous. Our meals were great and came out very promptly. It was so good in fact that we went back two days later.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Perfect place for a tasty lunch in a homely atmosphere. Very tasty menu with lots of choice. Staff were extremely friendly and lots of nice cuisine to buy. Would love to go back for lunch again sometime soon

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Went here today for lunch with a friend. I had heard so many good things about the restaurant I decided to see what all the fuss was about. Staff were very friendly and the food is lovely. I had the pulled pork sandwich which was delicious! I was convinced by the chef to have dessert - I'm 8 months pregnant so I didn't feel too guilty! I had the bread and butter pudding - yummy. A little gem in the heart if athlone. Can't fault it and will definitely be back!!!