“lovely value for money food.”
Review of The Cornloft

The Cornloft
Ranked #46 of 104 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Corn Loft is situated over The Mill bar in Bealnamulla, Athlone. The owners and their staff are friendly and helpful. The menu is varied and there is something for everyones taste. I can't recommend any one dish because everytime I try something different it becomes my new favourite. I went there the Thursday before Easter with my sister and her husband who were visiting from the UK. They insist on eating there everytime they come to visit and I'm more than delighted to accompany them. On Thursday night the Mains are only 10 Euro and you can bring your own wine. This time I tried the home made beef burger and it was just perfect. The only problem we had was that having had starters we couldn't fit in dessert. I'll definitely be back. If you're looking for a night out with gorgeous food that's value for money you can't go wrong with the Corn Loft.

2  Thank ger013
cornloft, Owner at The Cornloft, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hi there
A big thank you for your really kind review . Our motto in The Cornloft is "if you like what we do tell others , if you don't tell us " . By you kindly taking the time to write this great review it may mean some customers entering our restaurant !
We really do appreciate this and we really hope you will join us again .
Thanks so much
Aletta & Mike

There are newer reviews for The Cornloft

Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was a Sunday lunch time search and most places will insist on carverys where there is a long queue and only one till!!
We found the first floor Cornloft to be a special place for Sunday lunch. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and the owners Mike and Aletta were so helpful without being intrusive. As were the other waitresses. Nothing was too much trouble and the food was beyound excellent and superb value for money. All the meals are made on the premises. I had the prawns wrapped in filo pastry with a dip they were outstanding. Whatever you select from the menu you will not be dissapointed. Also the choice and prices of the wines were excellent value. We came away with a great feeling of being served and will be back with friends and relatives!!

4  Thank Ian H
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Had my Mam & Dad's Wedding Anniversary party here a few weeks back. Large group off us. Great selection of food on offer and the service was top notch

2  Thank Larmoy
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Both myself and my fiance visited the cornloft recently and found the whole experience from start to finish absolutly superb. In short first of all there was ample parking then we were greeted by the staff who were extremly friendly most of all a gent named michael whom i found both friendly and informative. The restaurant itself was beautifully laid out and most of all very clean. Moving on to the food all i have to say is Wow the steak melted in my mouth the food all around was fantastic and great value and that went for the people each side of us. All i can say is look after that chef you have cornloft he (or she) is a gem. A true dining experience and we will most certainly be back again and recommend you to our friends.

2  Thank 273gary
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I must say that The Cornloft is the best feed I have had in a long time. Excellent grub and an excellent service. Really enjoyed our evening out and so did our guests.
Thanks for a wonderful evening.

1  Thank Mul2010
cornloft, Owner at The Cornloft, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Hi there
Many thanks for your really nice review . It's great to hear that you and your guests had a nice evening in The Cornloft .
Appreciate your time for submitting this review ! Spread the word and looking forward to seeing you again :-)