“Credit where Credit is due.”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Dublin
“Credit where Credit is due.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

Stayed in this Hotel on 4th and 5th November 2011 with three other couples.Hotel was ideally located in the town. Service was excellent with very friendly staff, in the Restaurant, Bar and Reception area. The food in the restaurant was very good. Rooms were spacious and very clean. We got an excellent deal. A group of 14 of us travel to a different hotel in Ireland each year and we will , for sure, visit this hotel again in the near future. Well done to all the staff and management at the Radisson Blu , Athlone.

Room Tip: River view is nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Martina D, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Dear Bryan,

It was an absolute pleasure to read your review and of the wonderful time you had here with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel. It is lovely to receive such positive comments about the excellent staff and service that you encountered while staying with us here at the hotel. I have forwarded your comments to all departments in the hotel who will be delighted.
I will look forward to seeing you all back in Athlone in the very near future
Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

Our rooms were a little cramped and smelled like smoke. We looked out into another wall. This is our only complaint; otherwise, the service both in the room and the hotel in general was wonderful. This hotel is used by community members who pop-in for a beverage and chit-chat. The terrace and bar look out onto the Shannon River. The food was mediocre but the servers were great. Athlone doesn't have much to recommend it as a travel destination (we had family there), but if we return, it will be to this hotel.

Room Tip: Something facing the river would be nice.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol L
cork
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

I recently stayed at the hotel.When we arrived we were astonished at the size of the room and delighted.However I have to say the cleanliness of the leisure centre was utterly appalling. Seriously in my entire life I have never seen anything as bad.That evening we dined in the restaurant.I had great expectations food after the long wait for the food I received an average steak.The breakfast the next morning was lovely in fairness.Overall I was dissapointed with my stay in the raddisson blue and I can safely say I will not be returning.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank darren b
Martina D, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel and providing us with all the information in your review.
I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise to you on behalf of all the management here at the hotel for the issues you had with us. During the period that you were staying the leisure facility of the hotel was undergoing a major refurbishment, I know this was quiet intrusive on guests and members for those two weeks, thankfully we do now have a much improved and high standard leisure area for our guests.
I have also forwarded your comments to the Head Chef Philip who will keep in mind your comments when sourcing and preparing the Steak coming into the hotel. We have also introduced a weekly training session of 15 minutes a day twice a week just refreshing staff on the basic elements of customer Service following on from your comments.
On a positive note I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the comfort of the family room, our family rooms are often complimented due to the fact that they are so large and spacious.
To conclude I would like to once again sincerely apologise to you and I would ask that you contact me here at the hotel should you wish to discuss this matter in more detail.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Me and my son are just back from a 2 night stay at this hotel, we were greeted by a lovely girl at the desk, our room was ready even though it was just after 1pm and check-in is not till after 3pm. Our room was gorgeous, lovely fresh smell as we walked in the door, the rooms are so modern, with two lovely leather chairs to sit on, the bed was so comfy and so were the pillows, we had a great view from our window of the shannon, the breakfast was self service which was great, there was everything you could ask for, the food was fresh and hot, the staff were very friendly, i would recommend this hotel to anyone, great location as well, i'll be returning again soon....Ps the best hotel room i've ever stayed in and i've stayed in quiet a few...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sandra186605
Dear Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, it was a pleasure to read your feedback and of the brilliant time you had here with us in Athlone. I will be forwarding on all your comments to the other departments in the hotel.

Our rooms do provide a fantastic view of the Shannon and is one of our main focal points.
Looking forward to seeing you back in Athlone in the very near future

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

We spent 1 night here a couple of weeks ago. Four girls in 1 room. The bedroom was huge, on the 5th floor. It had 2 single beds and a double bed. The bathroom was really spacious also. We enjoyed a fabulous meal, service was excellent. The hotel is easy to find and it is close to the centre of town. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: 5th floor for large rooms to suit groups.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel online, I was delighted to read your fantastic evaluation of the hotel and of the brilliant weekend you had here with us in Athlone.
It is lovely to receive such positive comments both about service and staff and I will be sharing all your feedback with the other departments.

Looking forward to seeing you back in Athlone in the very near future

wexford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

We had a great host so we didn't have to go to reception to check in so we went straight up to the room which was small but very clean bathroom was even smaller.
The location of the hotel was perfect so close to everything.
Breakfast was very good with lots of choice.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel online, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be passing on all your comments to the other departments within the hotel, whilst also advising the housekeeping and maintenance department of your comments regarding the size and dimensions of the room

If you are in athlone again please do not hesitate to contact us here at the hotel where I will be delighted to welcome you back once again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Has the radisson a new manager? I have previously stayed here for new years 09 and 10 and our group never found the staff or barfood and bar service very good. It wasn't enough to put me off staying as it's a lovely hotel with lovely rooms and very central but expect to wait 40 odd mins for the food to be brought to the table and that was after you managed to order it with the bar staff! however myself and my husband returned in October and the hotel is completely different running wise. The staff are pleasent friendly to talk to, bar service is quick and barmenu is all new and food is gorgeous. Well done to management and staff for getting it together and making a good hotel great, particually the bar area.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Duvetdays
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Blu Hotel, It was a pleasure to read your fantastic comments regarding the many elements to you stay. I have passed on your feedback to the Bar Manager Manuel and to all other departments.
With regards your question Yes we do have a new General Manager, Declan Earls has been GM for over a year now, Declan has a wealth of experience in business and dealing with the public for many years both in hospitality and otherwise, so we have gained a huge asset in him.
I really hope we will see you back in Athlone in the not so distant future.