Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone
US$182
US$165
Sheraton.com
US$176
Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$78
Agoda.com
The Prince of Wales Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$112
Athlone Springs Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$117
  • Restaurant
Cooneys Hotel(Ballymahon)
US$165
1,834 results
All reviewsavril kiernana business class roomoverlooking the rivershannon riverfamily suitehotel is in a great locationbar foodbar staffhot foodcentre of townbar areabreakfast was excellentsteam roomgreat selectionstayed here for one nightenjoyable stayfood was lovely
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We booked with the hotel for €99 B&B. It's a lovely hotel with a very nice foyer, bar and dining room. The rooms are quite big and spacious but the TV needed updating! Shower wasn't working properly. However the breakfast was very disappointing. Plenty of choice but just not nice. Cheap watery juices, no glasses, poor quality food for the cooked breakfast. A nice hotel. Shame about the brekkie!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank vthq
Martina D, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu hotel online, I am sorry that you encountered the issues mentioned in your above review while staying with us and I have already circulated your comments to the other relevant departments. The Restaurant Manager will most certainly be taking your comments on board and reviewing the current breakfast set up, we are constantly updating and making alterations to improve our service here at the Radisson and all guest feedback is greatly appreciated. On the positive I am glad that you enjoyed the other elements to your stay and I do hope we will see you back in Athlone again in the near future. I would ask that you contact myself if you are booking the hotel again as I would like the chance to welcome you on return.

Reviewed 5 December 2011

Had food and drinks here recently, the hotel is lovely very relaxed, and clean. The food was gorgeous, the location and views from the bar are fabulous and the staff could not be more helpful. Will definitely be back for a stay and some drinks on the terrace in better weather!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, it was a pleasure to read your feedback and of the lovely time you had here with us in Athlone. I have forwarded your comments to all the team here at the hotel who will be delighted to see such high praise.

I will look forward to seeing you back in Athlone in the very near future

Reviewed 28 November 2011

stayed here dec 2009 for new yrs eve. we were stayin on a package deal so 1 meal included . when we went for our meal we were disappointed to find that it was a buffet meal, we werent satisfied with the food wasn't fresh or hot, but other than that i liked the rooms & was good craic in the bar, the staff was also very nice & helpful. rooms were nice & spacious lovely view also.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I had no negative experience at this hotel and would certainly stay again if I was in Athlone. Booking at short notice was no problem (November 2011), the staff were friendly, polite, courteous and quick with their processing. The room was clean and tidy and the bathroom was spotless. I didn't use the dinner facilities and chose to eat since the high street and a wealth of restaurants is only about 1 minute walk away. Despite the proximity to the town centre, there is free on-site parking.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Martina D, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to see that you had a positive experience with us here in Athlone. We are indeed very lucky with the fantastic location of the hotel and it certainly adds to the atmosphere and charm of the property.
I will be forwarding on your comments about the efficiency and positive attitude of our staff to the relevant departments
Looking forward to welcoming you back to Athlone in the very near future
Service Manager

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Hi!

This is most certainly, not the worst hotel in Ireland. However, as with all hotels in Ireland, they still simply don't know how to cook. Any 1st year trainee chef will tell you, don't boil the be-jasus out of vegetables, then leave them aside for an hour or two, then reheat them before serving. Gross. It was also hard to cut through the stake I ordered, due to the fat. The potatoes where also reheated. I'm sure I'm being picky, I know, but I have traveled abroad and hotels outside Ireland seem to have much better standards.

Now, I hate staying in hotels while on Business. It's incredibly boring, and I never drink during the week so thats out. However, thanks to the modern age, all televisions have a HD connection. So what does that mean? It means you can plug in your mini DVD player, or XBox, or any gadget into the television in your hotel room to keep yourself entertained. This is great, as most hotels have WiFi, including the Radisson in Athlone, and i might add you do get a strong connection.

So, I brought my XBox, which would allow me to watch DVD's and Webb TV, and perhaps a bit of online gaming with friends. After all I'll have 6 hours to kill each afternoon.

But of course, as you'll notice in Ireland, the TV in your hotel will be about 20 years old, and you cannot connect any technology to it. The TV in my Hotel room is 14" 1991 Philips TV, it only has a scart connection. Not only that, but you can only get a few channels. Of course, hotels in ireland still don't get the fact that you can get upto 30 good channels on free sat, oh no, thats much too difficult for them to arrange, even when it's free?

On a final note, Ask yourself what is the main focal point of a hotel room. It's the same thing you point your furniture to in your living room. A good TV. I'll never understand why hoteliers don't get this.

Other than that I've no complains.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Shane G

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel online and for providing us with the feedback in your review. I have circulated the information to the maintenance and housekeeing departments within the hotel who will most certainly take your comments into account, we are constantly updating the rooms and facilities of the hotel to improve our standards to coincide, meet and exceed our guests needs and preferences.
I have also noted and passed your comments about the food as mentioned in your review to the Head Chef who will take this on board.
Finally I hope the above does not deter you from returning to the Radisson Blu as I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to Athlone again.
I would ask you to contact myself and I will ensure you have a TV that has a HD Connection !
Service Manager