“Nice stay”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
DUBLIN
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two nights October.Nice hotel fairly good location.Was on b+b and evening dinner package.Food was very good.Breakfast had good selection
of stuff breads, cereals etc. Gym and pool were of good quality also. All in all quite a nice hotel with good food and facilities.Only qualm found room a little small.

• Stayed October 2013
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Rob2512Dublin,

I appreciate you taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. I am delighted to hear that your experience at our hotel was enjoyable. I will pass on kind words about our food to the chefs.

We look forward to you visiting us again.

Sinead Marron,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Cookstown, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

we stayed for one night to break our journey to limerick,the room was great,all u need,the staff and check in was friendly and quick,the lieasure suite was up my street,close to all that u want to do and see,great breakfast and good choice,lovely morning staff especially the one that met us at our room to bring us down for breakfast. over all fab.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Paul K,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. It always great to hear that all the services our hotel has to offer are up to standard. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will pass on your kind words to all the staff. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Westport, Ireland
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Friendly welcome and quick check-in. The room was fine, bed reasonably comfortable but with an odd configuration for lighting that seemed to be all on or all off. TV was very last century - would expect a flat screen these days. Breakfast ok with a reasonable selection. Main issue was lack of sleep due to a band playing in a function room (we were on the 3rd floor!) - so beware booking at weekends.

Room Tip: High floor especially if entertainment is on in a function room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JMHGlobetrotter,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We will shortly be beginning renovations to the hotel and will pass on your feedback to the maintenance department. I do hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.

Ireland
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed here recently for two nights -the October bank holiday weekend!
Parking is a nightmare...people were double parked..parked on double yellow lines..
We switched rooms during our stay...the first room had a partial view of the marina...the decor was very dated...the patterned carpet was tacky...room was small..dated television....very dark..musky smell. Bed was very comfortable and big...
The next day we paid for an upgrade to an executive suite.The room was large but nothing special...the shower kept blocking..part of the shower head kept falling off...furniture was very old fashioned..on a plus side the view from the room was amazing...staff were very helpful and friendly...they work very hard... To me this hotel is not worthy of four stars...it needs to be refurbished.it is not in the same league as other Radisson hotels I have stayed in...

Room Tip: View from the executive suite is amazing...I could look out the window all day...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol C
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear DKjazzy,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. I regret to hear that you were disappointed with our parking facilities. It is a pity that we did not reach the standard as you expected in our accommodation. I will definitely be sending on your recommendations regarding the facilities and maintenance in the room to the housekeeping department. Your comments are really important to us, as we are always looking to improve the service which we provide to our guests.
On the other hand, I am pleased to hear that you were impressed with the view from our executive room. Our location overlooking the River Shannon is one of our finest attributes here at the Radisson Blu Hotel Athlone
We do hope that you will consider coming back to us again in the future!

Kindest Regards,

roscommon
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Have just returned from a stay in the radisson which was very good staff were excellent so helpful we were away with three kids for their birthday staff brought down a cake to them and even sang happy birthday to them they were so happy our room was very nice big family room with two televisions so no fighting over what we wanted to watch we had our dinner at the bar which was very nice and tasty bar was busy but a lot of staff to serve everyone

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Sjoyce38,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay and for sharing it with the public. I am delighted to hear that you found our staff so helpful and I will be sure to let them know that they contributed in making your stay an enjoyable one. I am happy that your children had a nice birthday with us in the Radisson Blu and that you were pleased with our spacious family room. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to us again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Hi, I stayed in this hotle at the weekend and was looking forward to a nice swim and chill out in their synergy leisure centre. I was so dissappointed with it, it was dirty in the changing facilities, the pool itself is small and has no lane swimming facilities. It could really do with some TLC. However, on a brighter note. All the staff at the hotel were so good and really helpful. The hotel itself is in a great location and is really beautiful. The rooms were big and had very comfortable beds. I would definatley stay here again, the pool is the only downside of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sandra O,

Thank you for taking the time for reviewing the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. I am disappointed to hear that our leisure facilities were not up to standard and will pass on this information to the leisure centre staff. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with our staff. We do hope your return to stay with us again.

dublin
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Just returned from a 2day break with my husband and son. We had great expectations when we booked due to location and river view. We stayed in a family room the room was ridiculously big (why are u complaining u may ask) the room was freezing cold and the room has to be one of the most basic i have ever stayed in. There were no soft furnishings at all to give it a warm comfortable feel. The sofas in the room were hard and cheap looking and i was completly taken aback by how much of a waste it was. We would have prefered to stay in a smaller room that was decorated to a high standard. The same seating was in the hotel lobby and again there was nothing warm or comfortable about it that would intice you to sit down and chill out. I feel its an awful shame the hotel is in a fantastic location and Athlone is a lovely little town. The staff were lovely and very helpfull, my only criticism is the hotel i feel it could do with a make over

• Stayed October 2013
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear emmajer,

I regret to hear that you were disappointed with your stay here at the Radisson Blu Hotel Athlone.

I understand that it is getting cold, and the temperature would be low as people keep coming in through the front entrance. I apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of the low temperature in the lobby area. I will send on your comments to the front office team and we will look after it well.

It is a pity that you were not impressed with the family suite. I have passed on your comments to the housekeeping and maintenance team, and I am sure that I will be looking into these issues on my own to improve our accommodation qualities and standards. I am glad to hear about positive comments regarding the staff at the hotel. We hope to make some improvements in the near future to provide you a more pleasant stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.