“My Christmas gift”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I gave my daughter and her partner a gift of a one night stay in the Raddisson Blu Hotel Athlone. They have a very young child so this was very exciting for them to get away on their own (I was babysitting). However my daughter said the bed had springs coming through the mattress and was very uncomfortable. They could not get a room with a view either. She will not be recommending this hotel to any of her family or friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brigette O
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Brigette O,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your daughter’s recent stay with us. I am very disappointed to hear that the bed your daughter stayed in was uncomfortable and I will pass this on to our accommodation manager. I regret to hear that you were unable to get a room with a river view – we try to ensure that all our guests are accommodated in every way we can and I am saddened to hear that they were unable to fulfill your daughter’s request for a river view. We are very fortunate to have a number of rooms which have a beautiful view of the River Shannon.

We do hope your daughter and her partner would consider returning to us in the near future for a more enjoyable experience.

Kindest Regards,

Sinead Marron

Write a ReviewReviews (1,768)

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband & I stayed here the weekend of 7th & 8th Feb. My husband rang the hotel to organise flowers to my room as a surprise & they happily did this, my flowers were amazing. We had booked a meal in the restaurant & the host Agnes & waitress Katie were so attentive & kind, really approachable & made us feel extremely welcome & happy with our choice to eat in the restaurant. Food was delicious, could not fault it at all, and Katie & Agnes brought out a beautiful dessert with candles & sang happy birthday to me, making us feel very special. Room was wonderful & bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was also very tasty & plenty to choose from - and on the Sunday morning Katie was working the breakfast also & came out of her way to approach me to ask how the rest of my birthday weekend went - something that she did not need to do, but made a big impression on me - in my opinion Katie & Agnes need a payrise!!!
Overall our stay was fantastic from start to finish & I look forward to staying again!!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the river & it was beautiful
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Cinders81,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. I hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend. I am overwhelmed with your fantastic comments about your stay. It is always great to receive such positive feedback from our guests. Our staff are very customer focused and strive to provide are warm, welcoming atmosphere in the hotel. I am delighted that your overall stay was fantastic and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our new menu in Elements Bistro. I will pass on your wonderful comments to all staff.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We had a nice family stay. Breakfast was lovely and there was a good pool. The hotel is in a good location, within walking distance of everything. Room could do with a bit of TLC. Lovely restaurants in Athlone. Castle worth a visit

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Geagang1,

I appreciate you taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you got the time to use Synergy Health and Leisure Club. We are very fortunate with our central location along the banks of the River Shannon. It is great to know that you got the opportunity to experience some of the many attractions that Athlone has to offer.

We will soon begin renovations at the hotel and hope that you will visit us again to see the changes.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed here on Friday evening, and enjoyed the stay overall. The room was comfortable and warm. Breakfast in the morning was excellent with a wide selection available for cooked or continental breakfast. The hotel pool was also very clean and well maintained. Overall staff were polite and helpul. Checkout in and out could have been quicker with a second staff member on hand.

Only improvement required was the evening meal in the bar, menu was uninspiring and quality of food did not match the prices. Children meals weren't great either.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Hi Sophie M,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay.

I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your room and that you found it spacious and comfortable. We regularly receive positive comments from our guests about the view of the River Shannon from their room.

I am disappointed to hear that you were woken up in the morning by the guests in the floor above you. I am pleased to hear that you brought this to our attention in the morning because it is only by bringing issues like these to our attention that we are able to address them accordingly. However, I will also follow this up with our Front Office manager.

We do hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We have recently stayed here and couldn't have enjoyed our stay more. From the swift check in from the lovely Staff at reception ( Catriona ) to our gorgeous suite that awaited us which had stunning views of the Shannon river . This hotel is in a superb location within walking distance of restaurants & bars. We ate in the hotel and the food was delicious . The pool area was lovely and relaxing. Can't wait to return !!

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Elainemark,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide our customers with a high quality service and I am delighted to know that you experienced this during your stay. Our river view suites are very popular among our guests as they can relax and unwind while enjoying the beautiful views of the River Shannon. We have recently introduced new menus in Elements Bistro and the Quayside Bar and Lounge and it is great to receive positive feedback. I will pass on your kind word to the chef.

We look forward to you visiting us again.

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel on Saturday, I have stayed here a few times before, but my experience this time was second to none. My accommodation was lovely extremely comfortable & spotless. But the highlight of the experience was the meal, the surf & turf was outstanding as was the starters & the tiramisu was fabulous. There was a group of us together & everyone's meal was perfect. The restaurant staff were very efficient & friendly. And finally the breakfast was very good in the morning. The whole experience was absolutely fantastic & the price was very reasonable. A really enjoyable stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JoanneGalway
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Joanne,

Thank you for taking the time to give us wonderful feedback on your recent stay here at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. I am thrilled to hear you had such an enjoyable time. We strive to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations. All our staff takes pride in providing a personal and warm service and I am happy to hear that you experienced this. I am delighted that you enjoyed the food in Elements Bistro. Our chefs take great care in preparing the dishes served in our restaurant and bar using only the best of fresh Irish ingredients available in the local area. I will pass on your kind words to all staff.

We do hope that you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed in the Radisson last week!!! We asked for a room overlooking and got more than we expected ( room 411 ) ..very clean and big room. Great bar staff- > many thanks for a girl who could not have looked after me and my partner any better ! Nothing was a problem. We just want to say thank you to Joana right here because we did not get a chance to see her before we left. For any one that is thinking of staying here, do! Food is great, service is great and we will be back....

Room Tip: room 411 - very nice
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay here in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. I am delighted to hear that the hotel exceeded your expectations and that you were very happy with your room. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and it is great to know that you experienced this during your stay. It is great to know that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly and that you would recommend the hotel. I will pass on your kind words to Joanna.

I do hope that you got to enjoy Synergy Health and Leisure Club during your stay. We look forward to you visiting us again.