“An overnight in the Radisson Blu, Athlone.”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Hi, Stayed there on the 20th February. Only stayed one night but found the hotel and staff very pleasant. Room was a really good size and although we had not booked breakfast, there was the usual tea and coffee facilities which sufficed. The room was large and warm enough with a massive bed, I think it was two doubles locked together and was very comfortable. The view was not exactly hectic, over the swimming pool/ leisure facility whilst the rooms on the other side of the hotel had the expanse of the Shannon river. Did not use the spa but met a family equipped with towels who were looking forward to a dip in the pool and they seemed happy. A good central location from which to explore the town on foot. Yes, I will be back for a weekend next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hi OllieODublin,

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay in our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel and staff pleasant. We always pride ourselves on our ideal location for those who are coming to explore Athlone – its central location is a perfect starting point for those visiting Athlone.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back next time – and please do let us know that you were here before and we will do our best to provide you with a river view room.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked this hotel as a 4 star. Very disappointing dull,morbid hotel.
The rooms are very old fashioned, and need a lot of refurbishment.
The leisure centre is very dated, but has a warm pool, sauna and steam room.
Very friendly staff.
Food is good.
Lovely outside boardwalk for the summer time.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Colm54321,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay with us and we value your opinions. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not feel that we lived up to your expectations. Currently we are redecorating our bedrooms. In relation to our Synergy Health and Leisure Club we just recently renovated a new gym space allowing for new Keiser Bikes to be part of our gym as we always strive to offer our members and guests alike a varied and enjoyable leisure experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our swimming pool facilities.

I will be sure to take all your comments on board, and pass on your findings to all relevant departments.

We do hope that you will come back to visit us in the near future for a more positive experience.

Sinead Marron General Manager

Reviewed 22 February 2014

On the second floor with my wife and toddler. I think Elvis and his band may be in the bathroom if I open the door. Some function on down stairs and I am thinking of getting back up out of bed to party. (Not!). Well it has me awake so I might as well update trip advisor. Wouldn't recommend this for a family stay. Don't want to ring reception to complain as that may kick of the wee fella. This wasn't the scenario I expected when I thought I was paying top dollar for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Dano1973

Hi Dano1973,

I am disappointed to hear that you did not have a good sleep when you stayed here with us last. Thank you for letting us know of your experience and I will pass on these comments to our Reservations Manager. We always look forward to welcoming families to our hotel and we hope that you will come back to us in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Radisson has been located in Athlone long time,. Been there for meetings a dozen times, first time actually stayed over. Very decent hotel in the middle of the town center. Clean and nice rooms, facing to Shannon or town. Good lunch menu.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hi TheDubliner_Girl,

Many thanks for writing a review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear of all your positive experiences with meetings in our hotel and it is great to hear that you finally had the opportunity to stay with us. We pride ourselves on being located centrally in the heart of Athlone and on the banks of the River Shannon. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed lunch in our hotel – currently we are launching new menus in our hotel from our lunch buffet at €10 per person to our Combo Dining Menu.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I gave my daughter and her partner a gift of a one night stay in the Raddisson Blu Hotel Athlone. They have a very young child so this was very exciting for them to get away on their own (I was babysitting). However my daughter said the bed had springs coming through the mattress and was very uncomfortable. They could not get a room with a view either. She will not be recommending this hotel to any of her family or friends.

2  Thank Brigette O
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Brigette O,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your daughter’s recent stay with us. I am very disappointed to hear that the bed your daughter stayed in was uncomfortable and I will pass this on to our accommodation manager. I regret to hear that you were unable to get a room with a river view – we try to ensure that all our guests are accommodated in every way we can and I am saddened to hear that they were unable to fulfill your daughter’s request for a river view. We are very fortunate to have a number of rooms which have a beautiful view of the River Shannon.

We do hope your daughter and her partner would consider returning to us in the near future for a more enjoyable experience.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband & I stayed here the weekend of 7th & 8th Feb. My husband rang the hotel to organise flowers to my room as a surprise & they happily did this, my flowers were amazing. We had booked a meal in the restaurant & the host Agnes & waitress Katie were so attentive & kind, really approachable & made us feel extremely welcome & happy with our choice to eat in the restaurant. Food was delicious, could not fault it at all, and Katie & Agnes brought out a beautiful dessert with candles & sang happy birthday to me, making us feel very special. Room was wonderful & bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was also very tasty & plenty to choose from - and on the Sunday morning Katie was working the breakfast also & came out of her way to approach me to ask how the rest of my birthday weekend went - something that she did not need to do, but made a big impression on me - in my opinion Katie & Agnes need a payrise!!!
Overall our stay was fantastic from start to finish & I look forward to staying again!!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the river & it was beautiful
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Cinders81,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. I hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend. I am overwhelmed with your fantastic comments about your stay. It is always great to receive such positive feedback from our guests. Our staff are very customer focused and strive to provide are warm, welcoming atmosphere in the hotel. I am delighted that your overall stay was fantastic and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our new menu in Elements Bistro. I will pass on your wonderful comments to all staff.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We had a nice family stay. Breakfast was lovely and there was a good pool. The hotel is in a good location, within walking distance of everything. Room could do with a bit of TLC. Lovely restaurants in Athlone. Castle worth a visit

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Geagang1,

I appreciate you taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you got the time to use Synergy Health and Leisure Club. We are very fortunate with our central location along the banks of the River Shannon. It is great to know that you got the opportunity to experience some of the many attractions that Athlone has to offer.

We will soon begin renovations at the hotel and hope that you will visit us again to see the changes.

Kind regards,