“fabulous hotel, great staff!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Had my 40th party here with 35 friends and family. Staff were very helpful, rooms were lovely and the food was good. I would definitely return. The only issue we encountered was the bar set up for pre dinner drinks, the chairs were heavy and couldn't be moved so our group were all separated however a small price to pay for an amazing trip.

Room Tip: No noise in our room, we were on a suite facing the river just beautiful. Room had all mod cons and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Tina m,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay in our hotel. I am delighted to hear that our staff were helpful – we regularly receive feedback that they help to make our guests stay enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

i stayed here with my 3 kids under 6.
the room was clean,warm,and comfortable twin beds and an extra camp bed -which was actually comfortable.bathroom clean and decent size,.kids had a great time,.breakfast was excellent,great selection,even a pancake machine!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hi wellparkgrove,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the rooms in which you stayed – I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our housekeeping department. I am so happy that your children had a nice time. Our pancake machine is something which all guests enjoy when they stay here and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our Head Chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

spent only one night here but will def be going back. on arrival (which was one hour too early for checkin) the receptionist kindly told us that she would speed up the cleaning of our rooms to facilitate our early arrival. when we got into our room it did not let us down with all the mod cons you would expect in a hotel of this rating. that night we eat in the dining room and spent a great night in the lively bar. breakfast was as good as dinner had been the night before and all in all a great weekend was had by all.

Room Tip: just ask for a room with a view!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hi DeiseBabs,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back to visit us again soon. I am happy to hear that our staff were helpful and friendly and were able to accommodate your requests. I will certainly let our Head Chef know that you were happy with the food you had while you were here.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your return.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Good location in Athlone, with nice views to the river and port. The cons are the smell typical in the island hotel due to the carpets on the floor, that always smell bad after having been cleaned. The breakfast superb. Nice pub with great hamburguers on the ground floor.

Room Tip: Nice views to the river
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hi AntonioM7,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are so fortunate to be located on the Banks of the River Shannon which affords such beautiful views, especially at this time of the year. I will pass on your comments to our housekeeping staff. I am delighted that you enjoyed your food while you were here and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed in a really spacious family room recently - the hotel were very helpful in organising an extra bed for younger child too. Bar staff very friendly and food great. Particularly impressed by Avril in the restaurant for breakfast who remembered us from a visit 6months earlier! She has a wonderful way with people, welcoming and very hospitable and helpful. The leisure facilities were brilliant also.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hi j l,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your request. I am also happy that you found our staff helpful and friendly. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to let them know that their high standards of customer service are appreciated. Avril is a valued member of staff who regularly receives such kind compliments from staff. I will let her know that she helped to make your stay more enjoyable. I will also be sure to pass on your feedback about the leisure facilities to our Synergy Health & Leisure Club manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a few weeks ago with wife and kids. Was a problem with room when we arrived but was quickly fixed. Mark (i think) the manager on duty explained the problem and showed us to our room. (The problem was nothing much)He dealt with us very well and was a credit to the hotel. Family room was very nice and big. Breakfast was lovely and bar food was lovely and well presented. Bar staff were very friendly. Decking area on the river was lovely and would be great with better weather. Cant wait to return

Stayed: May 2014

Hi Noshea8,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am pleased to hear that our manager Mark dealt with your problem quickly and in an efficient manner. I am delighted to read such kind words and to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, from the spacious family room you stayed in to the food at breakfast and in the bar. I will be sure to let our staff know that they helped to make your stay an enjoyable one.

Yes, our terrace is beautiful particularly in the summer months when we start to host our BBQs.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel while visiting family for a wedding. My husband is handicapped, so we needed an accessible room. The bathroom and shower was fine, but the bed was so hard! Barely slept at night. I kept waking up and knew something must be wrong. When I got up in the morning, I realized there was no mattress pad, just the bottom sheet! I wasn't sure this was the norm, because I am from the US and things are all around different there. We left for the day and thought housekeeping would notice. We came back late and only until I got into bed, did I realize it wasn't put on. I put towels on bed and tried to sleep. It was scratchy and uncomfortable. I asked around and everyone thought there should be one on the bed, but evidently, this place did not. Not sure why the bed was so hard though. Maybe they think a handicapped person needs a hard bed? Don't know anything about the restaurant, bar was nice for drinks. Never again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Hi Flgirl954,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. I am very disappointed to hear that you found the bed uncomfortable. I will personally look into this and ensure that it is investigated by housekeeping. We do hope that on your next visit to Ireland that you consider returning to us for a more enjoyable and comfortable stay.