“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

It was pur 1st visit to Athlone , ww stayed at another hotel , but we dropped into this hotel and we were very impressed. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. We had a lovely meal, the view over the river was lovely. The carvery lunch was very nice . We will chwck thia Hotel the next time we're back in Athlone. Free car parking and the leisure facilities are very appealing xx

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi lilie2010,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time in our hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your meal as our Head Chef will be delighted to hear. I will also pass on compliments to staff and ensure they keep up the good work. Perhaps on your next visit you could experience the whole package with an overnight stay and access to our Synergy Health & Leisure Club.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Sinead Marron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed on the 10 August for the tenth birthday it was great the food was lovely great band great staff , and the onley problem was the next morn we were woke up at 9/45 the cleaner enter the room to clean it my grandson got upset he didn't, like that she just walked in she did knock my grandson has autism other than that it was great theresa hall dublin

3 Thank Emilycian
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hi Emilycian,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted your stay was enjoyable for the most part. I will pass on your compliments about the food to our Head Chef, who will only be delighted to hear them. With regards to your wake up I’m sorry to hear it startled your grandson and will ensure it will not happen in that manner again.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Clonmel, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Got a free upgrade to a large Family room,2 singles and a large kingsize bed in a two room top floor room. Had the BBQ 12 oz Steak form the grill on the veranda,good value. Staff under pressure as they were exceptionally busy,but all very polite,helpful and professional.

1 Thank Stephen B
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hi Stephen B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent time with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to the staff and perhaps upon your return you could experience our Element’s Bistro and enjoy the finest contemporary food with a mixture of Irish and European dishes.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Roscommon, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

first time in athlone Radisson . poor room, bar service desperate and fans noisy overnight.house keeping knocking at 9am.no coffee with breakfast. not in league of other radissons atall! worst ever!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi anne m,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay in our hotel. I am very disappointed to hear that your stay was not an enjoyable one. I am also disappointed to hear that the bar service and room was not up to our better standards.
With regards to having no coffee at breakfast I will investigate this with our restaurant team as our Super Breakfast Buffet is well known for its quality and variety. We at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone accept only the highest standards throughout our hotel and I apologise this was not so during your time with us.

Best Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here for a night. Booked the junior suite.

When we arrived the lady at the desk told me I had dinner included in my stay. I told her we hadnt but she insisted we had and showed me the receipt. I kept telling her I was sure I had not but I had booked three different stays recently and couldnt distinguish one from the other so I assumed I was mistaken. After we received the food they then realised it wasnt included and we were charged. Wouldnt mind so much as we were getting food anyway but slightly annoyed that the mistake was made.

The junior suite was lovely on first inspections, however on a closer look there was a lot of stains, cracks etc... The room was above the bar and the noise was dreadful. I didnt get to sleep until very late. There was a stag/group of lads also staying in the hotel at the same time. They were very rowdy and making a lot of noise in the corriders. One of them had obviously gotten sick as the next morning there was sick on the corrider and a gentleman locked out of his room in his underwear. I didnt find this very appropriate and told a member of staff who didnt take me very seriously.

Breakfast was lovely.

On check out the lady didnt even look at me, nor ask how my stay was. I was not very impressed by this.

Will not be returning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi JDMjordan,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay in our hotel. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not an enjoyable one. It is unfortunate that there seemed to be some kind of clerical error with your reservation regarding dinner and I will ensure all our staff are fully trained on rates and packages to ensure this does not happen again.
With regards to the feedback you provided on your room we are currently in the middle of our ongoing refurbishment plan which is constantly updating our rooms in series of different blocks at a time. However this is mainly done in our off-peak season as all our rooms are needed during our busy Summer period. I am also disappointed to hear about your issues with the noisy guests in the corridors.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our Super Breakfast Buffet though, as it is well known for its quality and variety.
I am disappointed to hear that you will not be returning.

Best Regards,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights midweek. Staff tried to charge me for dinner that was included in my hotel deal, which i was totally embarassed about as they questioned me for 10 minutes. Then they tried to recharge me the deposit i paid when booking.

• Stayed August 2014
Hi Susan N,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that there was a clerical error made on our behalf at the front desk and that this made you feel embarrassed. I will investigate in to why this happened and take appropriate action to ensure our staff are fully trained on all rates and packages.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future for a more enjoyable stay.

County Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here for a weekend. As usual with Radisson hotels they make a bit of a deal about using a debit card rather than a credit card. I understand credit cards are more secure but for some reason its not an issue in other hotels.

We had booked a junior suite. On entering the room it was I immediately apparent that there was a dip in the middle of the bed, luckily it was at the end of the bed so we were able to sleep in it. The room was generally clean, but worn out looking. I understand rooms are being refurbished but I think there is no excuse for having stained lampshades, stained speakers on CD player, tears on seats from wear and tear. Having stayed at other Radisson hotels I was disappointed with the room. I had intended to say this when checking out but they didn't even ask was everything OK.

If the room was of a better standard I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Food was good, bar area a bit small but large lobby area made up for this. Staff in restaurant and bar were very friendly and nice, but staff at check in/out weren't as friendly. Location was great, parking available.

Also I think it would be better if pajamas/night clothes weren't worn by guests in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been refurbished
2 Thank ssss33
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hi ssss33,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay in our hotel. With regards to using debit card and credit cards, it is unfortunate that this information was relayed to you as we are happy to accept both types of card at our hotel.
I am disappointed to find that your room was not up to our high standards and I will personally launch an internal investigation into why this was not the case.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed dining in our Element’s Bistro and Quayside Bar and I will pass on compliments to our Head Chef who will certainly be pleased. It is great to hear such positive feedback about our bar and restaurant staff and I will ensure our level of customer care is improved at the front desk.

Guests are not permitted to wear pyjamas at breakfast and unfortunately some guests may have slipped past our staff unnoticed – I will ensure there is more awareness of our dress code going forward.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future for a more enjoyable experience.