“Delicious Food, great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Shines
Ranked #52 of 97 Restaurants in Athlone
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Delicious Food, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My friend and I each had a burger today in this restaurant. It was outrageously nice, literally one of the nicest burgers I've ever eaten, my friend agreed. Also, really lovely and attentive staff.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Dublin, Ireland
“Definitely visiting again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I can honestly say that this place does THE BEST steak in the world! Accidentally bumped into it on our way home and it was definitely a sign from god! The decor is brilliant and very cosy, staff are friendly and very helpful. The food was exceptional! Biggest and tastier steak ever. We are very happy to have found this place in Athlone and we've already agreed to bring anyone who visits us to eat there. Recommended wholeheartedly.

Galway, Ireland
“Top Class!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Everything was absolutely top class. From the waiting staff, to the food, to the comfort, to the restaurant design. The waiter was funny and full of chat and checked several times was everything ok, which is was the food was beautiful and reasonably priced. Will definitely be back when in Athlone again.

Castletown Geoghegan, Ireland
“Best Steak in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

After long table hunt on a Saturday evening without a reservation, when we thought we'd lost all hope, we were brought to Shines by a divine intervasion.. The restaurant had a lovely atmosphere and an excellent service. Great wine selection and a rather short but rich menu. Places with long catalogues always scare me - you can't get fresh products, great quality and a gazillion options in a menu, fact. When our steaks came we were a bit disappointed to see that we were served chips from the freezer, we were expecting something more..homemade. And the we tasted the steak...it was like love at the first bite. Time froze.. I've just realised that this was the first proper steak in my entire life...the taste, the texture, the sauce, everything! We'll be definitely paying another visit to that hidden gem very soon!

Cork, Ireland
“Toilets”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

After eating here on a couple of occasions I thought that this place wasn't too bad bud sadly yesterday changed all of that !!When we arrived there was a few around there was a nice atmosphere we were seated then my partner went to the loo when she came back she said that she hoped that the food would be safe !!To be fair the food was below average but then so is the price !!I went to the loo then and the same how these people don't clean the most important area of their restaurant is beyond me.
Lovely surroundings, friendly staff ,could be what it once was a good steak house but sadly the way it is falls well well short of being anything.I'm afraid we won't be returning.

Visited March 2014