“Stopped for bar lunch”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Stopped for bar lunch”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stopped for a break came across this bar ,restaurant,guesthouse,we only wanted a snack but the menu was so tempting decided on the succulent.10oz burger served on a toasted bun,tomato topped with cheddar cheese ,bacon ,red onion served with fries and peppercorn ,garlic etc dips .really nice eating area and batman couldn't do enough for us

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Eleanor W

Mullingar, Ireland
“Excellent Service,Excellent Food”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Myself (23) and my Parents stopped in here by luck the other day. We were hungry and not well knowledge of athlone restaurants, we passed by Shine's Bar and Restaurant and said we would turn back and give it a look. When we walked in the bar was full of people drinking and enjoying the World Cup on screen. we walked back into the Restaurant part and it had a lovely atmosphere,candles lit everywhere,look-in hatch into the kitchen where we could see the chef cooking our food, antique furniture,old stove range from years ago and lovely music playing low in the background. We were greeted by a lovely friendly Man (could have been manager.i guess) and seated to our table. He told us the specials and the soup of the day and placed a jug of water on our table! the menu was fab,great choice of starters and delicious main courses. I Myself got the Garlic Mushrooms,salad for starter which was out in front of me in no time they tasted so fresh with crispy batter and the garlic dip was lovely. I then had the chicken skewers with steamed rice and chips,salad and a tomato salsa dip. it was amazing so many flavors going on in my mouth. My dad had the 10oz Burger,chips and salad which was hugely presented beautifully on a wooden slate with 3 tasteful dips. My mam had the the catch of the day which was hake which she said was lovely and also well presented and also with chips and salad and a choice of 2 dips. we all felt as if there was a rainbow of flavors going on in out mouths. the Waiter was very helpful with ordering and the service was quick. stuffed belly's all round. We cant wait for our next visit :) thank you

1 Thank Sinead L
Dublin, Ireland
“Delicious Food, great staff”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My friend and I each had a burger today in this restaurant. It was outrageously nice, literally one of the nicest burgers I've ever eaten, my friend agreed. Also, really lovely and attentive staff.

Dublin, Ireland
“Definitely visiting again!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I can honestly say that this place does THE BEST steak in the world! Accidentally bumped into it on our way home and it was definitely a sign from god! The decor is brilliant and very cosy, staff are friendly and very helpful. The food was exceptional! Biggest and tastier steak ever. We are very happy to have found this place in Athlone and we've already agreed to bring anyone who visits us to eat there. Recommended wholeheartedly.

Galway, Ireland
“Top Class!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Everything was absolutely top class. From the waiting staff, to the food, to the comfort, to the restaurant design. The waiter was funny and full of chat and checked several times was everything ok, which is was the food was beautiful and reasonably priced. Will definitely be back when in Athlone again.