“Arch House B & B”

Ranked #3 of 20 Athlone B&B and Inns
Westchester County, NY
“Arch House B & B”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The only issue I had was there were no top sheets on the bed and there weren't any wash cloths. However, I ran into this issue at most B & B's and hotels I stayed in during my trip.
The hosts are just wonderful and extremely helpful. The food is delicious. The house is very clean and neat and conveniently located. I would definitely stay there again if I was ever in Athlone.

Room Tip: you don't get to pick your room....they are pre-arranged so I can't give a tip to choose a g...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Gtr Manchester
Reviewed 10 June 2013

When we arrived at Arch house I was really disappointed It is on a busy road opposite some poor looking shops and the house next door had curtains falling off the windows First impressions count and it just didnt look good, not helped by the flashing "vacancies" sign
To me it just looked seedy and over priced at 75 euro Nothing like we were expecting, especially as we had seen so many lovely B&B s on our travels

We nearly didnt stay but once inside the room it was better The bed room though small was clean and pleasant with a decent shower room However our room was at the front so even with some double glazing it was noisy at night
The best part about Arch House was the cheery breakfast and its location near the town centre

Room Tip: Dont have the front room It is noisy and the double glazing is poor
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Room was great, bathroom was clean and on the larger size for B&B's. Walked the area, a lot of neat shops and pubs. Breakfast was good. Nothing to complain about except there wasn't the "personal" feel to the place...not sure who the owners were, but was nice to stay at.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
archhousebnb, Owner at Arch House B&B & Apartments, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear Lovesfoodncraftbeer,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you found our location, facilities and staff to your expectations. I have passed on your kind comments to my staff. I am sorry to read that you missed the 'personal feel'. Whilst I endeavour to meet every guest, I had been away for a number of weeks due to a family bereavement. If you have the opportunity to return to us again please do not hesitate to contact me so I can get the opportunity to meet you in person.
Kindest Regards,
Maureen Flynn
Owner/Manager
Dublin
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We were a stag party of 14 and had booked into the Apartments for one night. Apartments were very clean and great location in the centre of the town, everything was within walking distance. The manager, Mohammad, was extremely courteous and helpful. We availed of the Stag package that Maureen provides. We went Karting in Pallas, followed by a BBQ in Seans Bar in Athlone. The package was ideal and hassle free. We had Breakfast rolls ready for us the next morning before we departed. I would highly recommend it for Stag/Hen weekends.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We arrived in Athelone thinking we had a reservation at the hotel in town. My error! It was a bank holiday weekend, and space was limited throughout the town. We were referred to the Arch House where we were warmly greeted by the staff. It is perfectly located in the center of town with on site, free parking. The rooms are small, but newly remodeled and spotless! The breakfast was delicious served by a cheery and attentive waitstaff. The price, location, breakfast and wonderful staff can't be beat. We were so very grateful for the accommodation!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

We were a hen party of 16 and must say we were very well looked after. Apartments were very clean and kitted out well, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Our whole weekend was planned with the help of Maureen, from cruise to BBQ to nightclub this package was ideal and hassle free. Location was great and everything was within walking distance. The manager Mohammad was a gent. Highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed May 2013
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I've stayed at Arch House over the past 5 years when I've visited Athlone for work.The staff always make me feel welcome and are so helpful when it comes to directions and advice re restaurants.The bedrooms are always spotless and refurbished on a regular basis.Private parking is available at the rear.Last year I left my phone behind in the room after checking out and the lady of the house dropped the phone into where I was working that day.This kind of service is unique and is why I like to stay whenever I'm in athlone.The gentleman who serves breakfast is very hardworking and and serves a fabulous morning feast.I feel compelled to encourage anyone to stay there especially any woman travelling on her own.You feel a great sense of safety and comfort!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo