Arch House B&B & Apartments
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$110
US$160
US$95
The Prince of Wales Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$65
US$152
Athlone Springs Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$92
US$87
US$85
Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$79
Agoda.com
US$130
US$91
TripAdvisor
US$280
TripAdvisor
All reviewswasher dryerbedroom apartmenthen partycentre of townwalking distancebreakfast was deliciousbars and restaurantscentral locationsean's barwould stay againmaureenaccommodation
Reviewed 16 July 2013

As I had booked 2 rooms, we were offered a 2 bedroom apartment about 150m down the road. We still parked our car at the B&B and lugged our baggage down the footpath. Apartment was clean an spacious. It also provided a surprise bonus of a washing machine, which we quickly set about using. Easy walk to food and entertainment. Only spoiler was the location of a late night kebab shop across the road which attracted the boozed up local lads and lasses at 3am. Lots of singing and shouting made for uncomfortable sleep. Breakfast the next morning was good.

Room Tip: Not the front aparment
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The only issue I had was there were no top sheets on the bed and there weren't any wash cloths. However, I ran into this issue at most B & B's and hotels I stayed in during my trip.
The hosts are just wonderful and extremely helpful. The food is delicious. The house is very clean and neat and conveniently located. I would definitely stay there again if I was ever in Athlone.

Room Tip: you don't get to pick your room....they are pre-arranged so I can't give a tip to choose a good room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

When we arrived at Arch house I was really disappointed It is on a busy road opposite some poor looking shops and the house next door had curtains falling off the windows First impressions count and it just didnt look good, not helped by the flashing "vacancies" sign
To me it just looked seedy and over priced at 75 euro Nothing like we were expecting, especially as we had seen so many lovely B&B s on our travels

We nearly didnt stay but once inside the room it was better The bed room though small was clean and pleasant with a decent shower room However our room was at the front so even with some double glazing it was noisy at night
The best part about Arch House was the cheery breakfast and its location near the town centre

Room Tip: Dont have the front room It is noisy and the double glazing is poor
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Room was great, bathroom was clean and on the larger size for B&B's. Walked the area, a lot of neat shops and pubs. Breakfast was good. Nothing to complain about except there wasn't the "personal" feel to the place...not sure who the owners were, but was nice to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
archhousebnb, Owner at Arch House B&B & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Lovesfoodncraftbeer,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you found our location, facilities and staff to your expectations. I have passed on your kind comments to my staff. I am sorry to read that you missed the 'personal feel'. Whilst I endeavour to meet every guest, I had been away for a number of weeks due to a family bereavement. If you have the opportunity to return to us again please do not hesitate to contact me so I can get the opportunity to meet you in person.
Kindest Regards,
Maureen Flynn
Owner/Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We were a stag party of 14 and had booked into the Apartments for one night. Apartments were very clean and great location in the centre of the town, everything was within walking distance. The manager, Mohammad, was extremely courteous and helpful. We availed of the Stag package that Maureen provides. We went Karting in Pallas, followed by a BBQ in Seans Bar in Athlone. The package was ideal and hassle free. We had Breakfast rolls ready for us the next morning before we departed. I would highly recommend it for Stag/Hen weekends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends